Home

How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

This is a discussion on How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 02:51 PM   #401
Rookie

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckles012
Hey moron there talking about in real life, guess it would never happen?
I don't understand this post. I'm talking about real life. Also lol at Yardbarker as your source. They're just throwing something out there and have no proof of the two teams talking. Not to mention the points I made on my last post making this an unlikely scenario.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 03:32 PM   #402
Rookie

Re: How's Your Franchise Going- Madden 12 Edition

Any thoughts on who to start a franchise with? I'm looking for a lowly rated team. I'm thinking Skins or Raiders. Thoughts?
Old 09-05-2011, 03:43 PM   #403
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3

Well my season just ended with the Lions in the NFC championship game, the game was the definition of heartbreaker. I was down 20-7 with little time to go in the first half, the eagles would get the ball to start the 3rd q so I knew I had to get it to within a touchdown before halftime, Stafford marched us down the field methodically hitting anything with a Lions jersey on. I ended up hitting a diving Jeff Maehl for a touchdown with 17 seconds left in the half to cut the lead to 20-14. To start the 3rd myself and the Eagles traded a few punts as neither team was able to score in the 3rd, to start the 4th stafford drove and hit roydell williams in the endzone to give us a 21-20 lead. Vick then became superman and had everyone and their grandma's missing tackles, the Eagles scored and tried to convert a 2 point convert but missed so their lead was 26-21 Stafford then threw a pick on a route where the receiver slipped and I figured all hope was lost of me stopping the eagles powerhouse offense and getting the ball back. Vick broke off a huge 20 yard run and i figured here we go again but he fumbled and I jumped on it and had possesion again with 1:30 left. Stafford started shredding the eagles pass D and got us into the red zone. I tried one run and got nothing, stafford was sacked the next and then a holding penalty made it 3rd and 17, my receiver dropped a wide open pass on the very next play and I was looking at 4th adn 17, Stafford barely had time to set his feet before the defense swarmed, an incomplete pass and the game was over. I now head into the offseason determined to find that missing piece through free agency or trade and can't wait to get back and tear up the nfl.
Old 09-05-2011, 03:59 PM   #404
Pro

OVR: 13

What teams are the most fun to rebuild?
Old 09-05-2011, 04:31 PM   #405
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16

Wow, what a game I just had.

I figured I'd do a franchise with the Dolphins instead of my Bills due to all the bugs (and not having enough time to micromanage 31 other teams to make sure everything is "sim").

So I went through pre-season, did my cuts and ended up 0-4. Expected.

I started Reggie Bush over Daniel Thomas and left Larry Johnson as the 3rd RB.

We started the season against the Patriots and I thought it was going to be a blowout. At one point the game was 20-6 Patriots.

Then this happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4PAsT2UwLs

Reggie Bush returns the ball 85 yards on a punt for a 20-13 Patriots lead.

Daniel Thomas ran a goal line TD in and tied the game up 20-20. The Pats kicked a FG with about 5 minutes left in the game and I thought it was over (again). I marched down the field with about 30 seconds left and Reggie Bush ran in a touchdown and we took a 27-23 with about 11 seconds left.

Done deal.

Right?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uAig066ZFl0

Heart breaking. Lost 30-27 to start the season 0-1.

Also, Chad Henne is awful.

Henne 17/26 176 yards, 1 TD, 2 INT
Bush 26 carries, 121 yards, 1 TD
Marshall 7 catches, 80 yards, 1 TD

Brady 22/35 167 yards, 1 INT
BJGE 13 carries, 106, 1 TD
Ochocinco 13 catches, 87 yards, 0 TD

heart breaking!

Last edited by Pezell04x; 09-05-2011 at 04:33 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 05:00 PM   #406
Rookie

legenddt's Arena

OVR: 3

I'm F***ing PISSED! I went into the offseason after my nfc championship loss and checked player ratings to see who improved, Matthew frickin Stafford who threw for 4800 yards (3rd most in nfl history) and was second in the mvp voting AND took us to the NFC championship game only went up 2 points!! and get this, stafford's player roles used to be franchise qb and injury prone, i figured after my playoff run he'd lose injury prone and gain playoff performer , but nope. He did lose injury prone, but he also lost franchise qb!!!! and ontop of that he got "underachiever" are you kidding me!!! 4800 yards, 30 td's, 11-5 record, 2 playoff wins on the road and he gets "underachiever" and is no longer considered a franchise qb? WTF
Old 09-05-2011, 06:06 PM   #407
L Corleone

Weeks's Arena

OVR: 39

Ok I've decided I will trade Lance Briggs for DRC.

What do you guys think is fair?

The eagles would accept Briggs for DRC, 1st pick, and Akeem Jordan lol
Old 09-05-2011, 06:19 PM   #408
Rookie

Just Finished my first preseason with the Washington Redskins. We went 3-1 with the loss going against the Ravens. I have decided that Rex Grossman will play ahead of John Beck and Josh Portis who I traded for will be my 3rd QB. Roy Hulu Jr will be my starting RB with Hightower and Torain being just behind him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »