Home

Trades are close to impossible?

This is a discussion on Trades are close to impossible? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2011, 09:39 AM   #9
Rookie

SirRoyal's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: Trades are close to impossible?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
Doesn't matter...he was a 1st-rd pck whose young, cheap, and very talented....JPP has much more value then a scrub linebacker and a 2nd-rounder
and for a *backup*, he gets on the field quite often
Well he's a backup in Madden. I know in real life he's a vital part of the team.
Old 08-28-2011, 09:54 AM   #10
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMan
I offered

Adrian Peterson
1st round pick 2012
2nd round pick 2012

for

Ray Lewis (they have Brian Westbrook at RB)

declined
Player roles have a say in trades in Madden 12 according to the devs, and I supposed that Ray Lewis has got the team leader, team mentor and defensive playmaker player role, so it'll be very unlikely that they'll trade him away.
Old 08-28-2011, 10:48 AM   #11
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

I found a way around it making trades easier. Just have a little common sense in your franchise options and all is good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 02:06 PM   #12
Rookie

justtxyank's Arena

OVR: 1

Interesting that player roles have a say. Didn't realize that and it makes sense.

As the Texans I wanted to trade for Asante Samuel. I offered Kareem Jackson and two first round picks. Couldn't get the deal done. Because I think the Eagles would take this deal in real life, I decided I'd edit the players to make it happen. I got Samuel down in the 60s and put Kareem up all the way to 99 before I could make it work.
Old 08-28-2011, 04:29 PM   #13
The Broski

MMan's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtxyank
Interesting that player roles have a say. Didn't realize that and it makes sense.

As the Texans I wanted to trade for Asante Samuel. I offered Kareem Jackson and two first round picks. Couldn't get the deal done. Because I think the Eagles would take this deal in real life, I decided I'd edit the players to make it happen. I got Samuel down in the 60s and put Kareem up all the way to 99 before I could make it work.
You're making it too hard on yourself.
Old 08-28-2011, 06:18 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by justtxyank

Wouldn't that make franchise boring?

Though once I get Madden 12, I plan on trading Antonio Smith and Brian Cushing for Brian Orakpo and convert him to DE. Wish me luck though.
Texas Rangers
San Antonio Spurs
Corpus Christi Hooks
Old 08-28-2011, 06:22 PM   #15
MVP

Pezell04x's Arena

OVR: 16
Why edit the ratings of other players just to get them in a trade?

We'll complain about realism then do this?

Sent from a top the Stanley Cup
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-28-2011, 06:23 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by guaps
Player roles have a say in trades in Madden 12 according to the devs, and I supposed that Ray Lewis has got the team leader, team mentor and defensive playmaker player role, so it'll be very unlikely that they'll trade him away.
To me, it doesn't seem like it would matter what the roles are, if a team is giving AP a 1st and a 2cd for an aging MLB, even Ray Lewis, I think any GM would go for this.

I don't think in real life, if the Ravens tried to trade Ray Lewis, they could get anywhere near a 1st round pick.

It just seems really off to me.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »