Home

Am I the only one who likes Madden Ultimate Team

This is a discussion on Am I the only one who likes Madden Ultimate Team within the Madden NFL Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen
FIFA 21 Review
Tennis World Tour 2 Review
Doug Flutie's Maximum Football 2020 Review
Poll: Which next-gen console are you going to purchase? (Click to vote)
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-29-2011, 09:44 AM   #17
Pro
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Nov 2003
Re: Am I the only one who likes Madden Ultimate Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
I don't see the draw in spending "real life money" on digital players in a video game...

Sorry, UT just isn't for me... I just don't get it... You collect cards? and you start off with crappy players? then you get better players as you go? what if you play against someone that has the same players as you?

This all seems really lame to me... I say, join an online franchise, and COMPETE for a championship... Build your team through the draft and through trades with other owners... This is where its at imo...
You don't need to spend real life money if you don't want to. You actually get better replayability by not spending.

You do compete for many championships in the tourneys.

You do build your team through "drafts" (getting packs with coins) and "trades" (trades and auctions through UT).

Consider it a super big online "franchise", because that's what it is. From reading you post you obviously haven't given it a good chance.

FIFA UT is the standard, I guess we'll see how Madden did it this year.
kbmnm247 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:28 AM   #18
MVP
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Mar 2011
Re: Am I the only one who likes Madden Ultimate Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
I don't see the draw in spending "real life money" on digital players in a video game...

Sorry, UT just isn't for me... I just don't get it... You collect cards? and you start off with crappy players? then you get better players as you go? what if you play against someone that has the same players as you?

This all seems really lame to me... I say, join an online franchise, and COMPETE for a championship... Build your team through the draft and through trades with other owners... This is where its at imo...
you get the games? madden,fifa,nba 2k, baseball? well then you just spent money on digital players....just in a different way.....
ultralow36 is online now  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 10:33 AM   #19
MVP
 
OVR: 11
Join Date: May 2009
Re: Am I the only one who likes Madden Ultimate Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by kbmnm247
You don't need to spend real life money if you don't want to. You actually get better replayability by not spending.

You do compete for many championships in the tourneys.

You do build your team through "drafts" (getting packs with coins) and "trades" (trades and auctions through UT).

Consider it a super big online "franchise", because that's what it is. From reading you post you obviously haven't given it a good chance.

FIFA UT is the standard, I guess we'll see how Madden did it this year.
Very well put.
I can't play regular online games after pllaying UT.
I don't like how most people in online vs use basically the same 5 teams that are heavily stacked. Its boring facing the Eagles every 4 out of 6 games.

In UT you build your team and everybody's team is random. Theres usually a bunch of 70 rated players and like 2 superstar players on a team. It really is more of a challenge because the games focus more on playcalling and user stick skills rather than just depending on your 90 rated team you're inherited in regular online.

And the card collections are very addicting.
bxgoods is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:34 PM   #20
Pro
 
der juicen's Arena
 
OVR: 7
Join Date: Sep 2010
Re: Am I the only one who likes Madden Ultimate Team

As I see it, FIFA is the gold standard, NHL is the little brother, and Madden is the cousin. Not the closest in the family, but still fun
der juicen is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 12:49 PM   #21
Pro
 
OVR: 3
Join Date: Nov 2003
Re: Am I the only one who likes Madden Ultimate Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by der juicen
As I see it, FIFA is the gold standard, NHL is the little brother, and Madden is the cousin. Not the closest in the family, but still fun
UT doesn't lend itself to Madden as easily as NHL and FIFA do apparently and that seems to be because it's based off of 1 league.

In NHL and FIFA chemistry and morale matter and all those other training cards etc.

In Madden it's pretty much games and collections, I don't recall morale or chemistry ever mattering and that's probably because there's no way to really implement that.
kbmnm247 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 12:59 PM   #22
Rookie
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Aug 2011
Blog Entries: 13
Re: Am I the only one who likes Madden Ultimate Team

Geez my first theard and I got 20 replies. Well I do agree they should add coins to franchise and superstar mode which would make it more appealing. I love card collecting that may be why I like the mode. I never invest real money because I dont have to this should be even easier with trading. A great OS player might help out beginner in UT.
pandawinner1972 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 02:55 PM   #23
Banned
 
OVR: 0
Join Date: Apr 2010
Location: VA
Re: Am I the only one who likes Madden Ultimate Team

I actually enjoyed playing ultimate team last year for the most part, it can be fun if you're into collecting cards and whatnot, but there are issues of course.

Not as many people to play against so you will come across the following issues trying to find a legitimate matchup.

People who I guess have bought the ultimate team full of 99 overall players at every position. Tons of these guys last year.

People who buy multiples of a single player, like larry fitzgerald. Their entire WR core will be larry fitzgerald with troy polumalu at both safety spots, revis as all the cbs etc. That is just lame.

Different people with alot of the same players over and over. Last year everyone would have a michael vick or whatever at qb-- gets old quick.

Alot of packs would have the same players over and over, which I kinda get, since it makes it more satisfying to get a decent pack. But it also led to tons of people with the same cards.

Not enough player variety in general. There were lots of players who I don't think were even included.

Good players cost far too much, making it incredibly difficult to actually "build" a team instead of buying it.

Contracts weren't long enough imo.

I don't know how many of these things are the same this year since I haven't played it or payed any attention what was updated about it.
Johnny "Too Tall" is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2011, 03:08 PM   #24
Rookie
 
OVR: 21
Join Date: Aug 2011
Blog Entries: 13
Re: Am I the only one who likes Madden Ultimate Team

I agree that you shouldn't be allowed to have more than 2 of each player. Also it was a bit difficult to get started but once you complete one set it's easy.
pandawinner1972 is offline  
Reply With Quote
Reply


« Previous Thread | Next Thread »

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Last Gen »


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:02 AM.

Top -