Home

Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-29-2011, 07:59 PM   #65
Rookie

mellamoaaron's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Madden NFL 12 Review (360/PS3)

I still don't get how a game that is substantially better and a big jump in the series got rated lower than a game that was basically 10.5.

I loved NFL 2K5, I might have had franchises with EVERY team on the game, yet Madden 12 surpasses it, in my opinion. I've never had so much fun playing against the CPU in a game since then, and this has surpassed it. I've lost games and I didn't get mad, I knew I lost because I wasn't executing correctly. WR/DB interactions are something they can work for next year, but as it is now I'm happy that I bought this game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 08:03 PM   #66
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
I miss the days when it was worth being excited for the release of a new NFL title. Back when you didn't have to question if it was worth buying or if it was better than the previous years game. Now you need to hold off at least a year inbetween games just to get your moneys worth.

I remember when the EA/Madden hate mostly came from loyal 2K fans but each year it seems that more and more people are noticing the lack of effort that is put into to this game year after year and it's reflected in the games review. Its like EA doesn't care that Madden, which use to consistently get review scores of 9 and above, hasn't reviewed that high since the 360 came out.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:08 PM   #67
Pro

OVR: 7
I'm glad that this review was not biased, I agree 100% with the score
Old 08-29-2011, 08:24 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 24

I had high hopes (still do) for this year's title, with Adembroski on board. "He's one of us"------a fan, not an EA honk.

But I see even he's limited on what he can and can't do, based on his response in the "raining" thread. I blame upper management combined with the code.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:40 PM   #69
Banned

OVR: 8

Damn I am actually shock that OS give madden a 7.5.(Where was this the last 4 years.)
Old 08-29-2011, 08:45 PM   #70
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Review was as expected. Not sure how the kicking meter is a step back though.

Last edited by bkrich83; 08-29-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 08-29-2011, 08:48 PM   #71
Proctor, MN. Go Rails!

Vikes1's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGSPORTS
IMO something has gone on with upper management that's hindering these EA sports titles.
I wouldn't be surprised if your right, OG.

Kinda like back in the 70's, when many tried to lay the blame for the crappy American cars, at the feet of the average auto worker. They couldn't built solid dependable cars from substandard parts. Could very well be, that the devs have taken a lot of heat for things that may have been out of their control.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-29-2011, 08:55 PM   #72
Rookie

OVR: 0
I agree with the poster that said that a football sim may be the toughest sports game to make. You can look at something as simple as the pick and roll in basketball, you expect for it to work at a high level because it does in real life. There have been teams that made a living off of pick and rolls, like 75% or more of there points came from it. On the other hand, football is not the type of sport in which you would think a play would work 75% of the time unless one team was totally superior to another and that is rarely the case in the NFL. Also, the lack of a real focus on defense long ago killed the Madden experience and it is getting no better. As tough as it may be to make a football sim, Backbreaker and NFL 2K got it more correct than Madden has. With every new Madden and MLB 2K I find myself wishing EA could get back into making MVP baseball and 2K or someone else could get back into football. Sad, but what can you do other than not purchase it?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »