Home

I'm getting sacked a lot (Using Pats)

This is a discussion on I'm getting sacked a lot (Using Pats) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #9
Blowing bubbles

Cpre5's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: I'm getting sacked a lot (Using Pats)

I believe and correct me if Im wrong but a NFL QB has around 3 sec to get ride of the ball on average. So soon as I hike the ball i do a little count down in my head 1,2,3 and throw.

Now If I see an open guy before then I throw it obviously, however that little count down give me a sense of pressure to move the ball and find that guy. On 3 i throw it to the guy who looks like a safe bet, throw it away, or tuck and run.
That just a little trick that helped me be a better QB. Also step up, don't run back.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:40 PM   #10
Pro

Dwaresacksqb's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncos86
I don't get how slide protection is affecting your running game. Slide protection is a per-play audible. Secondly, what difficulty? Lastly, how long, on average, before you're sacked?
Ditto everything he just said. We need more info to give u the best possible options that might find u better success. Also I'm not sure how long u have been playing or what sliders u are using if any but try to sit back and evaluate your decision making. Are u calling 3 step drop plays enough? Are u checking down under pressure? Do you slide the QB around in the pocket when feeling pressure from certain areas to help utilize your line? Are u not running enough? Have u tried screen passes to counter any blitzes? Try and use instant replay to help u improve your game. It's just like a real NFL player who studies film on himself.
Old 08-30-2011, 01:41 PM   #11
MVP

Senator Palmer's Arena

OVR: 18

Generally, who are you playing against? Is the pressure coming from one particular side? Are you leaving a back or TE in to combat it? I know against certain pass rushers, if you leave them singled up on third down, it's a wrap.

And do you get sacked in general, or are you getting sacked when you use slide protection? If so, you want to be selective how you slide the line on anything other than a blitz. Theoretically, if you're playing the Vikings, you should be able to slide the line left towards Allen, but if you do that in Madden, the defensive end on the right comes completely untouched.

I only really use it when I see an overload blitz coming from a side. It shouldn't be that way, but slide protection will turn someone loose if you're using it against a standard rush.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 02:24 PM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 0

offensive line isnt playing great right now
Old 08-30-2011, 02:30 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 19

To the OP, before you start doing the Electric-Slide with your sliders and find yourself tweaking and adjusting for the next month or so this is what needs to be done.

Default EA roster's always come with player ratings jacked to superman levels.

Their are many postional ratings within the default roster that usually are 20-30 pts higher than in-game generated players.

The best route towards improving the game is to go through Ratings Editing 1st before doing Slider adjustments because sliders tend to effect other areas, many times negatively, which causes you to adjust another slider to counter.

Before you know it, your doing the Electric-Slide with your sliders and getting frustrated.

"Shed-Block" is one of those ratings that alters gameplay greatly because most players(including roster fillers) are rated 80'ish and above making them perform at an All-Pro, All-World level.

It's basically a "Timer" to when to trigure the "Break-Block Animation" not giving regard to none of the other player's ratings.

Again, it's an Animation Timer after the snap.

Closer to 100, Def-player's are in the backfield by the time the RB takes the handoff and are sacking your QB before he can finish his designated 3/5/7 step drop.

**Especially with DT's

Adjust the Shed-Block rating down for DL to what you feel looks realistic for "You".
-Above 70 for just your avg starter tends to make him perform outside the scope of his other ratings as the Timer makes him shed the block instead of remaining engaged.

No Rerated Roster or Slider set done by someone else will make the game perform to the level of your expectation because their "Perpective" for which they've did the adjustments will always be different from your Perspective of what is realistic.

You just use their work a baseline, but you will have to adjust to your own liking.

Hope this helps!!!
Old 08-30-2011, 03:34 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

3 games with the Bears into the reg. season franchise, I have been sacked 15 times. We all know the Bears O-line sucks, but I went and signed some of the top O-line free agents. My whole O-line is cold. Why is pancakes kept as a stat, when none of your players record a pancake. They let up sacks left and right, but can't get 1 stinkin pancake. Bunch of crap. I play All-Pro. No adjustments.
Old 08-30-2011, 03:37 PM   #15
MVP

Gorilla Glass's Arena

OVR: 6

Sliders are good and all, but it we-todds your timing, once you take your game online. Maybe find a community with this setup?
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »