Home

Gus Johnson's commentary is horrible!!!

This is a discussion on Gus Johnson's commentary is horrible!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-30-2011, 08:26 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 4
Gus Johnson's commentary is horrible!!!

I don't like the commentary from Gus Johnson. This is nowhere realistic. He screams every single down like something dramatic is happening. He's way too much hyped up and I had to turn down his volume.

He overreacts when it's only 2nd and 9 and he acts like it's a gamebreaking highlight when my field goal unit comes onto the field to extend the lead to 20 points. Then however, after I scored the go ahead touchdown late in the game he was calm and acted like nothing really important happened. But he screams and yells after my QB takes a kneel down to end the game. So loud that I was actually frightened.

Come on EA! This is not an ARCADE game but a SIMULATION! Please give us realistic commentary, not that ****ty hysteric dramatic overreacting commentary from Gus like it's a boxing match. This takes so much away from the real nice graphics and presentation.

Can't we just have a calm and realistic commentary like we experience in real NFL games? Come on man!!

Last edited by BenjiA; 08-30-2011 at 08:30 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #2
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: Gus Johnson's commentary is horrible!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenjiA
I don't like the commentary from Gus Johnson. This is nowhere realistic. He screams every single down like something dramatic is happening. He's way too much hyped up and I had to turn down his volume.

He overreacts when it's only 2nd and 9 and he acts like it's a gamebreaking highlight when my field goal unit comes onto the field to extend the lead to 20 points. Then however, after I scored the go ahead touchdown late in the game he was calm and acted like nothing really important happened. But he screams and yells after my QB takes a kneel down to end the game. So loud that I was actually frightened.

Come on EA! This is not an ARCADE game but a SIMULATION! Please give us realistic commentary, not that ****ty hysteric dramatic overreacting commentary from Gus like it's a boxing match. This takes so much away from the real nice graphics and presentation.

Can't we just have a calm and realistic commentary like we experience in real NFL games? Come on man!!
There are umteen commentary threads.

Sound technology from FIFA will be used in Madden 13 and beyond.
Old 08-30-2011, 08:33 PM   #3
All Star

RGmoney's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Gus Johnson's commentary is horrible!!!

Use the Impressions thread or use the search, as there are several discussion threads on commentary already.

Closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »