Home

My worst fears confirmed.

This is a discussion on My worst fears confirmed. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-01-2011, 09:05 AM   #105
MVP

DCEBB2001's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: My worst fears confirmed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadman
I wish you luck in your endeavors with pursing an opportunity with EA, if this is what you want.

Are you interviewing with Donny knowing you are replacing him or would you be working along side of him?

Isn't premature or not professional like to announce on a message board that you are replacing someone just over a phone interview?

Just asking.
It was my impression that Donny would be moving up to a managers position. I never said I had the job, just that I had an interview. The reason for the announcement was because several people here had written to devs asking that they check out my work.
NFL Scout
www.nfldraftscout.com/members

Petition to EA for FBG Ratings:
https://www.change.org/p/ea-sports-t...bers-index-php
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 09:25 AM   #106
7 dirty words...

ryan36's Arena

OVR: 36
Dcebb if you actually want this thread closed , report a post with the request, so a mod can see and close it...

As for people taking this thread in 8 directions, stay on topic.
Old 09-01-2011, 09:40 AM   #107
Pro

OVR: 4

has anyone changed all the ratings to a team and uploaded the roster? this seems like a great idea in theory and its a plus that so many other people agree with what TC is saying but idk if im ready to sit down and change everyones individual ratings yet
Old 09-01-2011, 09:51 AM   #108
MVP

King Gro23's Arena

OVR: 21

What if I just manually implemented them would I still get an improved experience. I can Bias my way around if some guys are out of whack OVR wise like I put in caleb Hanie's numbers in M12 and he turned to be a 76? i believe because of the new formula so i just adjusted him some till he was a 69

Suscribe on Youtube
https://www.youtube.com/user/GleezyBaby43
Gleezybaby43
Old 09-01-2011, 10:00 AM   #109
Rookie

OVR: 1
Just out of curiosity, what throw power do you have that jets DB who threw the ball like 75 yards on hard knocks last year at?

Also, if your sole problem is converting a scale of 12-99 to a scale of 0-99 then that is mathematically very straightforward to fix, I can put it up here if you like. I probably haven't understood the problem fully though.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:41 AM   #110
Observer

guaps's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
Well I was straight up asked "Dan, how would you react if your boss came in and said that PR needs Larry Fitz to be a 99 even though you know full well he isn't deserving? Could you handle that pressure and simply make the change or would you argue otherwise?"

THAT was shocking...but I guess it explains some of the ratings out there. That's the tough spot they are put in for running a BUSINESS.
Unfortunately, this comes as no surprise. If you've followed Madden's development, you know that ratings are used to rank players, not rate their abilities.

I hope you answered that you were only interested in making the best possible game for the gamers, not for the PR department - an attitude that has been lacking for several years now.

Speaking of the business side, it's a matter of professional integrity. I have often been asked to find data (I'm an economist) that can be manipulated to confirm something we were trying to get done or something we had already done, or been asked to manipulate something to make it look like a bigger (or smaller) issue than it really was etc. I've never gone down that road and discourage everyone else to do so.

Last edited by guaps; 09-01-2011 at 10:46 AM.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:53 AM   #111
MVP

fatleg3's Arena

OVR: 27

Is there a file or something where we download the ratings or do we manually enter them?

I kind of agree with the op. Things like giving wr and some other players who played qb in college better throwing attributes allows you to use them in certain packages like wildcat, etc with the threat of them throwing the ball without it going all over the place. Just like teams do irl with randel el, brad smith, randell cobb, cribbs, armani edwards, etc, would do. Im sure there are more but thats just who i came up with off the top of my head

Last edited by fatleg3; 09-01-2011 at 11:58 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 12:05 PM   #112
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bukktown
Take a physics class
Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEBB2001
I have taken SEVERAL. If you did, you would realize that you don't need as much power behind a throw to get maximum distance if the angle of incidence is optimal. This is covered by several theories of projectile motion.

Ooph! Owned!
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »