Home

Is it worth starting a Franchise with the little nuances?

This is a discussion on Is it worth starting a Franchise with the little nuances? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 01:36 PM   #25
MVP

infemous's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: Is it worth starting a Franchise with the little nuances?

This is a massive bummer.

Especially with regards to incoming generated rookies.

I tend to change the name of the generated rookies to possible new rooks (so 1st QB taken, if 6,4 230 lbs will be Andrew Luck, if 6,2 220 lbs Barkeley etc.) and give them individual throw styles and fix the equipment.

If I do this RIGHT after the draft, does it erase the roles they will be given? (like Franchise QB or QB of the future)

I do this for every position by the way, not just QB, so MLB will be Burflict etc. and I'd like them to have roles so they aren't replaced immediately...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 01:46 PM   #26
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by infemous
This is a massive bummer.

Especially with regards to incoming generated rookies.

I tend to change the name of the generated rookies to possible new rooks (so 1st QB taken, if 6,4 230 lbs will be Andrew Luck, if 6,2 220 lbs Barkeley etc.) and give them individual throw styles and fix the equipment.

If I do this RIGHT after the draft, does it erase the roles they will be given? (like Franchise QB or QB of the future)

I do this for every position by the way, not just QB, so MLB will be Burflict etc. and I'd like them to have roles so they aren't replaced immediately...
Well if the incoming rookie has no player role, or a role you could care less about you can edit them without worring about it.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:47 PM   #27
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
You could just start a new franchise with the team and check them :P thats how I found out what I was missing. I looked at my teams roles and only saw 2 and was like hmm thats odd, seems like I should have way more than that. So I started a new one with the same time and had a ton more.

I just checked the Bills they actually only have 2 players in the latest rosters with roles... :P

Fitzpatrick has Game Manager and B. Davis a WR has Underachiever.
Sorry I wasn't sure if changing players outside of franchise mode would change the roles. And I have no idea how Dareus isn't considered a future star for the Bills when almost every other top 10 pick is considered one... hell even DaQuan Bowers is considered one. No love for the Bills
Old 08-31-2011, 01:49 PM   #28
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
Sorry I wasn't sure if changing players outside of franchise mode would change the roles. And I have no idea how Dareus isn't considered a future star for the Bills when almost every other top 10 pick is considered one... hell even DaQuan Bowers is considered one. No love for the Bills
With the way they've been performing the past decade how much love are u realistically expecting?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:52 PM   #29
Rookie

WhiteMan22's Arena

OVR: 5

No it is not. It's way worth it to trade it in, buy NFL2K and play from there. Totally more worth it.
Old 08-31-2011, 02:11 PM   #30
Rookie

brettmickey's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoFatGirlz4Me37
With the way they've been performing the past decade how much love are u realistically expecting?
The team's performance over the last decade should not dictate Marcell Dareus' potential and ability. He had nothing to do with our futility and should not be treated worse than the other top 5 players of the draft just because he is in a Buffalo uniform. I'm not looking for any love except for Marcell because he should be treated like every other top 5 player from the draft (future star role) until proven otherwise. He does have 2 sacks in 3 games so far (I know it's preseason but he has gotten all of them against starters) so there is no evidence so far to assume he will bust. Just my take on it. And I can't see a viable argument as to why he shouldn't deserve the future star role and a 2nd rounder does (along with others drafted in the 1st round).
Old 08-31-2011, 02:15 PM   #31
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteMan22
No it is not. It's way worth it to trade it in, buy NFL2K and play from there. Totally more worth it.
Last time I checked 2k stopped making football games? Even ones with fake teams.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 02:19 PM   #32
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettmickey
The team's performance over the last decade should not dictate Marcell Dareus' potential and ability. He had nothing to do with our futility and should not be treated worse than the other top 5 players of the draft just because he is in a Buffalo uniform. I'm not looking for any love except for Marcell because he should be treated like every other top 5 player from the draft (future star role) until proven otherwise. He does have 2 sacks in 3 games so far (I know it's preseason but he has gotten all of them against starters) so there is no evidence so far to assume he will bust. Just my take on it. And I can't see a viable argument as to why he shouldn't deserve the future star role and a 2nd rounder does (along with others drafted in the 1st round).
I can see in Dareus's case as he's played well this preseason...I can prolly also make a case for Williams but that's about it...well as far as positive roles goes

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »