Home

Offline Multiplayer Franchise Question

This is a discussion on Offline Multiplayer Franchise Question within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 08-31-2011, 10:25 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Offline Multiplayer Franchise Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by mogrod
No, not unless they have either the same Profile on their XBOX or one named exactly like it. Once the franchise is loaded though, you can switch back over to your regular profile and save it to your system.
Is it the same on PS3?
Old 08-31-2011, 10:55 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
Is it the same on PS3?
Oh sorry, I've only ever messed with it on the 360.
Old 09-01-2011, 06:52 AM   #11
Rookie

Quote:
No, not unless they have either the same Profile on their XBOX or one named exactly like it. Once the franchise is loaded though, you can switch back over to your regular profile and save it to your system.
I tried this on my PS3 and I recieved the error message. "The file was created by another user and can not be loaded." Does anyone know how we can share a franchise file between two users?

Last edited by homeycool; 09-01-2011 at 07:04 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 07:08 AM   #12
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

Quote:
Yea, but it's a little tricky because it saves the franchise under the XBOX used at that time. Here's how we had to do it...

1) Both create a XBOX account of the SAME name. We both created one just called Madden. This account was to just be used for our Madden franchise.

2) Create the franchise. You should do it under you normal account because you'll have your settings, sliders and current roster you want to use.

3) Once franchise is created and open, save it to your HD like normal.

4) Then, log out of your XBOX account and sign back in under your new Madden account. Save it again. You can either save it straight to your memory card/flash drive or save it to your HD and copy it over from there afterwards.

New user with the memory card/flash drive:

1) Insert memory card into XBOX

2) Log into Madden XBOX account and start up Madden.

3) Go into File Management or whatever and load the franchise file.

4) Once franchise is open, log out of Madden account and sign back into your normal XBOX account. I would recommend saving it to your HD from there for your own copy.

Just rinse and repeat back and forth. We've had to do this for three years now.

Just wish we could figure out how to email the files instead now.

Seriously, does that method really work? Because if it does, you sir have single-handedly made me very excited for Madden 12 (out tomorrow for us limeys). I've always wanted to do a good two-player franchise with my friend, and now I can. Genuinely, thanks very very much
Old 09-01-2011, 10:10 PM   #13
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by homeycool
I tried this on my PS3 and I recieved the error message. "The file was created by another user and can not be loaded." Does anyone know how we can share a franchise file between two users?
I guess its impossible to do a multiplayer franchise from two consoles if you have a Playstation 3. What a terrible design, preventing like minded individuals from sharing in their Madden experience. This is not a single year oversight either. It has been this way since Madden 10. I hope there is a work around, but I have not found one...

If anyone has some insight, please share.
Old 09-01-2011, 10:16 PM   #14
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Could you not do the same on PS3 as these guys did on Xbox? Just make a PSN account that you guys share just for Madden. Unless by User they mean the actual PS3 itself.
Old 09-01-2011, 11:54 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Could you not do the same on PS3 as these guys did on Xbox? Just make a PSN account that you guys share just for Madden. Unless by User they mean the actual PS3 itself.
I can't figure out how to move an account from one playstation to the other though. With xbox, you can copy it to your mem. card or recover via xbox live. I'll test more tonight.

Also, we've already started a franchise and because we started with my profile, we can't save it to the new profile. Hopefully there is some work around, but I haven't found anything. The crazy thing is that you can save roster files and load them with any profile, this is isolated to just franchise, it seems.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »