Home

Does EA even care about us?

This is a discussion on Does EA even care about us? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 08-31-2011, 12:58 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Does EA even care about us?

How about the fact that it rains every damn home game in the franchise mode? I mean yea it rains a lot in Baltimore but switch ths up. If this is a bug it's minor things like this I expected back in 1998 but 2012? Get real!!!!
Old 08-31-2011, 01:00 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Segagendude
allow me to address the ESPN thing:

They have the license, but aren't allowed to use ESPN likenesses or logos. I can't remember why, but they've been forbidden since they acquired the NFL license..nothing we can do about that.
You sure that's not just some story to justify their lack of ESPN presentation and content? So then what's the point of even having the ESPN licence?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:01 PM   #11
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by peigone
You sure that's not just some story to justify their lack of ESPN presentation and content? So then what's the point of even having the ESPN licence?
NCAA.....?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 08-31-2011, 01:05 PM   #12
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
NCAA.....?
I don't know anything about NCAA, sorry. Is there ESPN presentation in that game or something?
Old 08-31-2011, 01:07 PM   #13
Left side, strong side

C the Lyte's Arena

OVR: 18

N B 4 Lock
Old 08-31-2011, 01:08 PM   #14
Dead!

CM Hooe's Arena

OVR: 45

Quote:
Originally Posted by PunchDrunk
Every year there are always complaints about Madden, and EA doesn't do crap about it. All they care about is the $$$. If they acutally did care about their consumers they would make an effort to make the game better each year. For example they aquired the ESPN liscense and they haven't used it since they bought the NFL rights. What do we have to do to get EA's attention?
EA is a for-profit company, of course making money is the primary motivation.

To that end, they improve the game every year, so that it may continue to sell well. There isn't an argument that can be made that Madden 11 - or any previous version of Madden - is better than this year's game, IMO.

Insofar as ESPN is concerned, EA won't use that in Madden due to conflict of interest with the NFL and NFL Network. So they use it with NCAA Football instead.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:11 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

EA's job is to sell the most games possible and report earnings to their shareholders. Whatever market research tells them will sell the most games, that is what features you will get.

I am sure some of the developers care what we say as far as their game. Everyone wants their work to be appreciated. But at the end of the day, if OS thinks the game is garbage and it outsold projections, they are uncorking the champaign.

Conversely if OS thought the game was the industry benchmark, but Joe Public didn't buy it, EA would probably shake some things up and try to cater to the online "Play Now" fanbase. Unfortunately, that fanbase is usually only about graphics and a "win at all costs" mentality.
Old 08-31-2011, 01:12 PM   #16
Rookie

jdefreitas's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mestevo
Yes, clearly his plan was to make a great Madden and then leave ???

Things existing in another game don't mean they can be 'copy and pasted' into another. Systems had to be built/rebuilt, franchise work had to be shelved for more than one cycle to bring them to Madden 12.

Any credit (and criticism) for Madden 12 deservedly goes to Ian and his team (of which Josh was a part of... by the way).

I look forward to where it gets taken from here under Weber.
I understand the complexities of merging ideas from other games and how long that takes. And I wouldn't have had a problem with it had it been "shelved for one cycle", but these have been things shelved for years. It's not new complaints. I have seen the same complaints on here the last three times Madden has been released.

I am not saying Ian wasn't involved at all this year. I am simply stating the choices that team made over the last two previous years as far as where to take Madden were poorly decided. I am not sure of too many people that praised the additions last year or the year before.

I was just frustrated about where the franchise was going. I can agree with you that it is definitely back on track. And like you said, I hope it continues down this path, because if it does we are in for possibly the best football game to ever hit the market next year.

The bar has been reset.

Last edited by jdefreitas; 08-31-2011 at 01:14 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »