Home

The CPU Is Cheating: Draft Logic Exposed

This is a discussion on The CPU Is Cheating: Draft Logic Exposed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 11:47 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The CPU Is Cheating: Draft Logic Exposed

Well I think you have to look at it from this stand point. In real life if the draft order you mentioned and needs were the same...would the Jags draft Luck? I would say Yes and here is why. Luck is head and shoulders above Gabbert as a Qb prospect and how do you pass that up? If I was the Jaguars I would field calls for the pick and Gabbert to see what kind of value I can get and go from there.

I don't desgin games for a living but this also comes back to the trade logic issues also. Where high rated players would require a 1st rd pick in the game but were traded for late rd picks IRL. I just don't know if that can be designed bc of the rating system. I definitely wouldn't call this cheating by the CPU, just a logic issue that just can't be implemented.
Old 09-01-2011, 12:43 PM   #34
Rookie

CajunPunk's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by TarHeelPhenom
So since we have in game editing would a fix be to go in before the draft and rate players higher at certain positions that the CPU don't need? For example, suppose the Panthers have a top pick and a top QB is on the board...could we go in and adjust Cam's rating to make him higher overall and higher than any draft picks overall thus no chance of drafting a QB with that 1st pick? Then after the draft re-edit him back to the original?
This is exactly what I was thinking. It seems to be a doable workaround.

One could determine on his own what positions he doesn't think the team would draft in the first round, and adjust the ratings of the already established player to allow for that team to not draft in that position.

For example, if a Carolina fan controlling another team in franchise didn't want to see the Panthers draft another QB in the first round, they could just raise Newton's AWR rating and boost his OVR, as you said. The same could be done with the Seahawks HBs. Raise their OVR, then drop it after the draft. Tedious, I know, but it could make the draft a lot more enjoyable/realistic.

For me, the only real positions I would limit the CPU taking in the first round will be QB and HB, and maybe WR if there is a lower rated up and comer prior 1st round pick.

I guess I could look at the previous year's first rounders, raise their ratings so the CPU won't draft that position again, and lower them after.

Also, the other night, I spent hours exporting draft classes and lowering kicker and punter ratings. Looking forward to see how that turns out. I lowered them pretty low, so theoretically, I shouldn't see any taken in the draft at all.

Last edited by CajunPunk; 09-01-2011 at 12:46 PM.
Old 09-01-2011, 01:05 PM   #35
Pro

drj32's Arena

OVR: 8

You never went back to your old thread.

Someone posted this-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Rebirth

Were the cpu "Position Priorities" modified for the cpu teams or were they all at 100 for each position? If so, I believe it would "make sense" if OVR was the sole determining factor. In the past, adjusting these would "make" the cpu draft more realistically.

and then someone answered...

"Yeah you nailed it on the head since these are all still set at 100 for every team and every position. If you adjust all these and give Kickers and Punters lower numbers than all the other positions you should be game. It's the same thing everyone does every year. "Control" all 32 teams in franchise when you start it up. Manually adjust these settings for all 32 teams and set all other team options for 31 of the teams to "CPU" control. Than the one team you actually want to control you set everything to "USER" (presuming here you want one team to control Franchise). "

I believe this would fix the whole draft issue. Correct?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 02:58 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

LOL...This game is just broken. I've already thought about trading mine in.
Broken commentary
Broken draft logic
Broken trade logic
Broken Preseason cut logic(half the players are randomly appear in preseason and make team)
Gameplay nearly broken due to issues not being fixed.
Hopefully a patch can be issued to make franchise mode playable.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:04 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeadlyVirus31
Well I think you have to look at it from this stand point. In real life if the draft order you mentioned and needs were the same...would the Jags draft Luck? I would say Yes and here is why. Luck is head and shoulders above Gabbert as a Qb prospect and how do you pass that up? If I was the Jaguars I would field calls for the pick and Gabbert to see what kind of value I can get and go from there.
I don't know...

If Gabbert developed to an above average QB and is just 23 years old, would the Jags basically dump Gabbert to try to develop Luck? Would you want your team to drop a young B/B+ type QB that can help your team to hopefully develop another prospect that might be a bit better overall, but the team has far larger holes elsewhere (like...someone for that QB to throw to or help on the D-Line)?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:26 PM   #38
Pro

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaZart
LOL...This game is just broken. I've already thought about trading mine in.
Broken commentary
Broken draft logic
Broken trade logic
Broken Preseason cut logic(half the players are randomly appear in preseason and make team)
Gameplay nearly broken due to issues not being fixed.
Hopefully a patch can be issued to make franchise mode playable.
This game has its flaws, but it is a good game and it is far too early to make that assumption
Old 09-01-2011, 03:33 PM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by loloben
This game has its flaws, but it is a good game and it is far too early to make that assumption
Yeah, I retract those statements. Just caught up in anger an frustration because this game(along with NCAA) has potential but it's just ruined by shoddy testing and programming. How can they let things like this fly off the radar undetected? Nonetheless it is still fun to play, but I seriously hope that the bulk of these issues are patch-able.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #40
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Hmm I'm only 3 games into my season and I saved a backup of my franchise before I imported the draft class stuff from NCAA> I wonder if I shouldn't just use the Madden generated ones now and not worry about NCAA anymore based on this. And replay those 3 games I played in the regular season.

Thoughts? Maybe just use this first import I did and then after that not try to import anymore of them?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »