Home

The CPU Is Cheating: Draft Logic Exposed

This is a discussion on The CPU Is Cheating: Draft Logic Exposed within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 03:59 PM   #41
Banned

OVR: 1
Re: The CPU Is Cheating: Draft Logic Exposed

Ive yet to do a draft , but i do understand that the TRADE logic does suck... It seems rather hard to trade players, not that , thats a bad thing. But when im offering a 80 OVR HB (F. Jackson) for a 70 OVR T (L.Brown) and ask for a 3rd rounder or 4th rounder also , they reject. When the Cards could use a HB since the starter Wells is at 75 ??? lol..

So what happend. I sent Jackson to Cleveland for Greg Little WR - 70OVR, Round 1 Pick in 2013 , Round 3 Pick in 2012 !!! MONSTER DEAL for Jackson. Cleveland has Hillis who is a 92 , and 3 other RBs on there roster.

I dont get it. No real life team would give up all that for a 30 year old HB .

Levi Brown also carried a 7 million dollar price tag if i got him. still the Cards didnt wanna give up him and a round 3 in 2012..lol weak.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 04:01 PM   #42
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Hmm I'm only 3 games into my season and I saved a backup of my franchise before I imported the draft class stuff from NCAA> I wonder if I shouldn't just use the Madden generated ones now and not worry about NCAA anymore based on this. And replay those 3 games I played in the regular season.

Thoughts? Maybe just use this first import I did and then after that not try to import anymore of them?
I plan on just doing it for the 2012 draft, and controlling 32 teams (I saw you can change that in offseason mode) then using EA draft classes after that.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:34 PM   #43
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaZart
LOL...This game is just broken. I've already thought about trading mine in.
Broken commentary
Broken draft logic
Broken trade logic
Broken Preseason cut logic(half the players are randomly appear in preseason and make team)
Gameplay nearly broken due to issues not being fixed.
Hopefully a patch can be issued to make franchise mode playable.
to be fair, the "players randomly appear in preseason" is from EA's Head Coach, where if you or another team does not have 75 players at the start of preseason, it fills the roster with "priority" free agents (signed to minimal contracts, for positions that you are short on) and college FAs (some that went through the draft, some that did not). I actually think that is a positive. You can get some gems and surprises out of what I deem "assistant GM" work.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:40 PM   #44
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think a lot of people got use to very bad trading logic on the ai's part and now that it has been made more challenging they automatically are saying it's broke. trades, especially player for player trades are very rare outside of the draft.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:59 PM   #45
Pro

SGMRock's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama_Fan_79
I think a lot of people got use to very bad trading logic on the ai's part and now that it has been made more challenging they automatically are saying it's broke. trades, especially player for player trades are very rare outside of the draft.
True, but do you think I should be able to trade a 88 MLB to the Pats for a 2012 and 2013 first round pick and a young 70 rated MLB?

Or do you think that a team like the Ravens wouldn't give up an 88 RT for a 84 RT only a year older and 2 1st round draft picks? Seems odd to me

Maybe the second one, but the first one was pretty wonky.

@TearsOfPurple I was going to do that as well but now I decided go back to my after preseason 4 game save and not import NCAA rosters. I read some stuff in the bugs thread about how the imported players are coming up with screwed up weights and body proportions as well as messed up things like being born in the 1950's so I said screw it.

I have a feeling the Madden Dev's didn't test the NCAA import stuff very well and things will work much better with just the Madden generated classes.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 06:59 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by drj32
You never went back to your old thread.

Someone posted this-

Quote:

Originally Posted by Da Rebirth

Were the cpu "Position Priorities" modified for the cpu teams or were they all at 100 for each position? If so, I believe it would "make sense" if OVR was the sole determining factor. In the past, adjusting these would "make" the cpu draft more realistically.

and then someone answered...

"Yeah you nailed it on the head since these are all still set at 100 for every team and every position. If you adjust all these and give Kickers and Punters lower numbers than all the other positions you should be game. It's the same thing everyone does every year. "Control" all 32 teams in franchise when you start it up. Manually adjust these settings for all 32 teams and set all other team options for 31 of the teams to "CPU" control. Than the one team you actually want to control you set everything to "USER" (presuming here you want one team to control Franchise). "

I believe this would fix the whole draft issue. Correct?
Wait...is that a real thing? Where are these settings?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:13 PM   #47
Rookie

Ok, I found the settings. Am I understanding correctly that I have to play as all 32 teams to set their drafting priorities? I can't set them all in the main menu before starting a franchise as a single team?
Old 09-01-2011, 07:16 PM   #48
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actinguy1
Wait...is that a real thing? Where are these settings?
If you control all 32 teams and go to the option where you adjust each coaches scheme, you can adjust those sliders there.

I started a franchise and controlled all 32 teams to make sure high draft picks weren't released in year 1 (Shane Vareen (NE), Muhammed Wilkerson (NYJ)), but found it problematic when I tried to hire new coaches in the offseason. I would hire for my primary team, but when I switched to another team it claimed that all positions were filled but wouldn't let me adjust their scheme because it said that team didn't have a head coach.... but that's another issue.

I wonder if adjusting those importance sliders works. Punters being drafted in the 1st round and players taking another QB of the Future one year removed from draft one is unacceptable.

(HI ROOTBEER-FROAT!)

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »