Home

Lack of pass rush from 4-3 DEs frustrating

This is a discussion on Lack of pass rush from 4-3 DEs frustrating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-02-2011, 02:07 PM   #81
Rookie

Risin's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Lack of pass rush from 4-3 DEs frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportyguyfl31
I had an online game this morning where Freeney had 2 sacks.

I recorded it...if the OP doesnt mind, I could slap it on here when Im done editing it.

Both times the guy was forced to either hold the ball, or was flushed out...adn Freeney was there for the kill shot.

Are we sure that we arent taking Offensive Line matchups into consideration?
The qb got flushed into freeney, that is only time my de or olb gets a sack.

As for your last sentence, did you read above your post? Somebody put a punter at left tackle, and it didn't matter.

This part of the game is completely broken, unless you user control outside pass rushers. I sometimes wonder if the makers of madden watch offensive and defensive interaction, or if they just follow the ball.

On a side note, why does the broadcast camera follow the ball in the air on kickoffs and long throws? Its kind of annoying too.

I hate to complain, but its the same fundamental issues every year with this title.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-02-2011, 02:22 PM   #82
Sorry, I Got Nothing...

Illustrator76's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Risin
The qb got flushed into freeney, that is only time my de or olb gets a sack.

As for your last sentence, did you read above your post? Somebody put a punter at left tackle, and it didn't matter.

This part of the game is completely broken, unless you user control outside pass rushers. I sometimes wonder if the makers of madden watch offensive and defensive interaction, or if they just follow the ball...
This. Personally, I just give up man. Guys always want to find the one or two situations where the right thing DOES happen instead of looking at the overall picture where 97% of the time the WRONG thing happens. I am tired of hearing about O-Line matchups, blitzes and all of this other crazy stuff. I have played, read-up on and watched enough football to know what needs to happen in the trenches in Madden, and it just doesn't. Guys can continue to fool themselves into thinking the line play is exactly as it should be. I am through trying to use logic and football principles to convince people.

I've been trying to do the same thing with the whole "Super JUMPING" Linebacker issue. It's not that the LB's jump too high, it's that they react too quickly and the ball trajectory is too low (the biggest issue). But people still continue to blindly say the issue is "Super JUMPING" LB's, so I just said screw it and gave up. Same deal here, it just took less time.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:27 PM   #83
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7

I don't get much pressure from my DEs either. But my DTs are monsters. Weird.
Old 09-02-2011, 03:30 PM   #84
Rookie

XXL78's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by EccentricMeat
Found the fix, and it would be quite simple for EA to add.

All they need to do is increase the block-shedding for DEs. Why do players like Freeney and Mathis have 67 block-shedding??????

I moved them both up to 90 for block-shedding and (at least with my sliders) they were getting some solid pressure. Some plays one of them would get to me within 2 seconds, some plays it would take 3-4, and some plays they applied no pressure before I got the ball off.

Completely realistic and very enjoyable.

So EA, I'm not asking you to do much in a tuner for this issue. All you need to do is increase block-shedding for elite pass-rushers!

90+ for elite (10+ sacks per year), 80+ for good (7-10 sacks per year) 70+ for average, and less than 70 for below-average players.

I tried this and it actually works! Good find!
Old 09-08-2011, 04:09 PM   #85
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXL78
I tried this and it actually works! Good find!
Definitely a good idea... It requires edits but we know that the block shed rating is why the DT's are getting so much pressure on the QB. The DE's and DT's rarely perform their player traits of swim, spin, and bull rush moves but instead the BSHD rating takes precedence. So its ow a matter of rerating the BSHD rating against the pass block rating of the OLine while possibly creating a higher run block rating for the lineman to counteract a Dlineman's low blockshed rating.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »