Home

Lack of pass rush from 4-3 DEs frustrating

This is a discussion on Lack of pass rush from 4-3 DEs frustrating within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-01-2011, 03:11 PM   #57
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Lack of pass rush from 4-3 DEs frustrating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gotmadskillzson
Well that is because you are on PRO.

On Pro all user sliders are on 75, the cpu is 50. That is why you are seeing lots of pressure.
I thought pro played more true to the attributes of the players?
Old 09-01-2011, 03:19 PM   #58
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Palo20
Then that will make Freeney and Mathis studs against the run as well, and that's not their strength in real life.
Then they could either increase the Run Blocking rating for OTs, or make agility and awareness matter a lot more as to whether or not they stop DEs.

Block Shedding is paramount to a D-linemens success at defending the run, but it is also the same way for their ability to rush the passer. They either need to add another attribute that would be the BSH equivalent for pass-rushing, or they need to make speed, agility, acceleration, and finesse-move matter WAY more for pass rushing.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:31 PM   #59
Rookie

209vaughn's Arena

OVR: 1

EA football games have always had unrealistic O/D line play. Even in NCAA, you can have two all american DE's playing against San Jose State and some games the terrible OLines will just dominate D-lines. As if ratings dont even matter.
Old 09-01-2011, 03:39 PM   #60
Rookie

OVR: 3

I use the Panthers, so my ends are only Johnson and Hardy, 88, and 78, and i get terrific pressure from my D-Line.

11 - 5 online so far using a 72 overall team
Old 09-01-2011, 03:41 PM   #61
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

I'm not sure why no one has mentioned this yet, but could part of the problem (specifically the problem of DT's getting more pressure than DE's and LE's getting more pressure than RE's) be that in general, a team's best pass blockers are the tackles? Therefore, the weaker pass blockers are GENERALLY in the middle of the line, hence more pressure for DT's. Also, unanimously, a team's best pass blocker is on the blind side, which 90% of the time is the LT spot, hence the lack of pressure from the RE position.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-01-2011, 04:06 PM   #62
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
I'm not sure why no one has mentioned this yet, but could part of the problem (specifically the problem of DT's getting more pressure than DE's and LE's getting more pressure than RE's) be that in general, a team's best pass blockers are the tackles? Therefore, the weaker pass blockers are GENERALLY in the middle of the line, hence more pressure for DT's. Also, unanimously, a team's best pass blocker is on the blind side, which 90% of the time is the LT spot, hence the lack of pressure from the RE position.
All valid points. However, beast pash rushers like all the ones mentioned earlier in this thread get constant pressure. They are faster, and more athletic than an offensive tackle. It's not even necessarily about the sack. It's about pressure. An elite DE should be disrupting the backfield about 40% of the offensive snaps. The video that sportguy showed had the quarterback with plenty of time in my opinion.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:08 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tazdevil20
I'll have to try playing against the computer and see what happens. I've played 3 games all user vs. user on all-pro default settings. On this play it looks like Mabin got in there due to a screw up with Hynoski (FB) and Beckum (TE) both getting in McKenzie's (RT) way enabling Mabin to run around the edge. However, there was a bad suction block there where McKenzie recovered and somehow blocked Mabin anyway. On the other side, Will Beatty is rated pretty low in this game. I haven't seen Calvin pace's ratings, but I would imagine they are pretty solid. He got a decent push there on Beatty. I was glad to see the DTs didn't get in there. I'll have to see when i have even more time to mess with it. Thanks for the video sportguy, much appreciated.
Looks like you had plenty of time to find an open receiver. That play had good coverage in the secondary.
Old 09-01-2011, 04:29 PM   #64
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by MileHighSalute30
I thought pro played more true to the attributes of the players?

Nope.......that is All Pro

On All Pro user and CPU sliders are both at 50.

On Pro user is 75, cpu is 50

On All Madden user is 25, cpu is 50.

On Rookie, User is 100, cpu is 50

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »