Home

PS3 Field photo's& post yours

This is a discussion on PS3 Field photo's& post yours within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-07-2011, 06:31 PM   #289
Brake less...Go Faster!

Sundown2600's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: PS3 Field photo's& post yours

Quote:
Originally Posted by K_GUN
Literally spit my water out laughing at this hahahahahahaha!
Old 09-07-2011, 07:00 PM   #290
Pro

bubba4's Arena

OVR: 6

I thought this issue was settled a long time ago. I remember reading that when a game is released for for the PS3 and 360, they port the game over from the 360 because it's easier to code it. Every game that I've gotten for my PS3, if it was on the 360 too, the 360 looked better. Once I learned this, I only buy games that were exclusive to the PS3 and they look great (GT5, The Show).

I believe that if EA had made Madden on the PS3 by taking advantage of its hardware, the game would look fantastic... maybe even better than the 360. But obviously they didn't.

This reminds me so much of the PS2 days when it was easier to program for than the Xbox. Xbox gamers were complaining the same way the PS3 gamers are today. The Xbox was more powerful, yet game makers weren't taking advantage of that because the PS2 was easier to make games with.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.
Old 09-07-2011, 07:41 PM   #291
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giants4Natic
Didn't Mass Effect come out a lot after it first came out on 360? Perhaps with time to optimize it.

Madden, 2K have to release at same time for both.

I think if the game was at 30fps this would not be an issue at all
Yes, it was a xbox exclusive. My point was, it actually improved when they moved it to PS3(and yes they used a new engine). I am just saying the PS3 can handle Madden 12 in it's full glory, but it needs to have some time spent on it just like the xbox 360 got.

Personally, I don't understand the quick port theory, regardless if EA is trying to save money by using the same build on multiple consoles. We are paying for a PS3 game. That means a game optimized for PS3. I am not saying a lot of companies don't do this too, many do(and I hammer 2k for this too). My point is we shouldn't let them get away with it. We have 2 choices that could help our cause. #1 dont buy the game #2 making threads, videos, tweets, etc and really spread the word. Companys should take notice, because those threads will cost them sales no matter how many copies they sell(could have sold more). This thread has over 13k views in a few days. This and other threads are really going to cost EA PS3 sales. Now they have to ask, how much money would it have really cost to fix some issues and deliver a smooth game? Personally, I would have done it just for integrity of my buisiness. Thats just me. I can't do half way jobs.

EA really dropped the ball with Madden 12 PS3 IMO.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 08:08 PM   #292
Rookie

AAPC's Arena

OVR: 1

It has nothing to do with all this PS3 vs 360 nonsense.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheelman990
PS3:

360:
Look at these two pictures, the 'dirt' texture on the 360 appears 'white' on the PS3 version. Which is really just half a field of texture mirrored across both sides of the field. It's a problem on most stadiums, but not every stadium (Steelers, 49ers...). So it's not a problem with the 'PS3' or else it would affect every stadium. They need to go in and apply a fix for this texture on stadiums with the issue for the PS3.

I don't really see much else to this and I hope it is fixed. It looks simple enough and the problem should be easily identified and corrected.

EDIT: The other problem with the texture on these stadiums is that it is not effected by shade, which is why the white looks more accentuated in the shade, but is actually the same all across the field.

Last edited by AAPC; 09-07-2011 at 08:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2011, 08:28 PM   #293
MVP

OVR: 0

@gaint.......my ps3 gaints vs boy cowboy 815 open dome helmets shine .......just fine
Old 09-07-2011, 08:31 PM   #294
C*t*z*n *f RSN

K_GUN's Arena

OVR: 22

having the benefit of watching every pats game at home I can assure you that the field turf in Gillete NEVER looks like that on the 360

in that pic above, the field looks like a real grass field that is going through some turf stress.....the light green almost tan in spots look to it.......field turf doesn't suffer from stress as it's not real grass

it should be a deep green hue (regardless of full sun or not)
Old 09-07-2011, 08:34 PM   #295
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by ultralow36
@gaint.......my ps3 gaints vs boy cowboy 815 open dome helmets shine .......just fine
It was a 360 issue when playing 720p. Perfect on.1080p

Go play giants at eagles night clear weather on.ps3 and see giants helmets
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 08:36 PM   #296
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubba4
I thought this issue was settled a long time ago. I remember reading that when a game is released for for the PS3 and 360, they port the game over from the 360 because it's easier to code it. Every game that I've gotten for my PS3, if it was on the 360 too, the 360 looked better. Once I learned this, I only buy games that were exclusive to the PS3 and they look great (GT5, The Show).

I believe that if EA had made Madden on the PS3 by taking advantage of its hardware, the game would look fantastic... maybe even better than the 360. But obviously they didn't.

This reminds me so much of the PS2 days when it was easier to program for than the Xbox. Xbox gamers were complaining the same way the PS3 gamers are today. The Xbox was more powerful, yet game makers weren't taking advantage of that because the PS2 was easier to make games with.

The more things change, the more they remain the same.
The games were made on ps2 then and ported to xbox and yet still looked better on xbox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »