Home

I've finally figured out why DEs don't get pressure

This is a discussion on I've finally figured out why DEs don't get pressure within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 10:08 PM   #65
MVP

SteelerSpartan's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: I've finally figured out why DEs don't get pressure

Yeah this drives me crazy if I think about it too long

Its the same BS that was going on with NCAA, the pass rush is setup *** backwards in this game........

And whats even more infuriating is that the NCAA guys just brushed it off and said they didn't notice anything Wrong......

I fear it will be a major battle just to get these guys to acknowledge the stupid stuff thats going on..........and then its a whole other prayer that they can actually fix it.........

My CFB Teams:
Marshall..WVU-Go Herd/Eeers!!!

Last edited by SteelerSpartan; 09-03-2011 at 10:12 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 10:31 PM   #66
Banned

OVR: 3

The thing I find to be absolute GARBAGE is that this wasnt even an issue
in Madden 11. Yeah I know that this is the development cycle when it pertains to Madden and EA sports in general but c'mon it was almost perfectly implemented last year. If the guy was good as a DE and you controlled him you would usually get pressure (not necessarily a sack, but pressure). Now it just seems like a crap shoot.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:33 PM   #67
All Star

LionsFanNJ's Arena

OVR: 29

eh, I started bumping all pass block and Pass rush sliders to 100 and have been seeing a few animations i haven't seen before.

though it was slightly annoying i had user PB at 100 and CPU rush at 0....and the CPU DT still threw away the G in less than 2 seconds. Eh, i'll deal.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:38 PM   #68
Banned

OVR: 8

I spent some time this AM in Practice Mode, All-Pro and in online All-Madden. Once I learned the timing it is possible to create pressure with your DE. If you're looking for the M10 pressure via user control you won't get that, but I am seeing consistent pass rush.

I've been able to get one sack a game and several pressures via user control even in 3 DL sets (335, 326) as well as my base 4-3, and nickel.
Old 09-03-2011, 10:44 PM   #69
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by s38s38s
I spent some time this AM in Practice Mode, All-Pro and in online All-Madden. Once I learned the timing it is possible to create pressure with your DE. If you're looking for the M10 pressure via user control you won't get that, but I am seeing consistent pass rush.

I've been able to get one sack a game and several pressures via user control even in 3 DL sets (335, 326) as well as my base 4-3, and nickel.
That's all well and good, but this thread is about AI controlled DEs, not USER controlled DEs.

Sorry for the confusion.
Old 09-03-2011, 11:03 PM   #70
Rookie

richie923's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by SGMRock
Has anyone noticed that sacks don't always get recorded? I got a sack that caused a fumble earlier today but I could see the QB's elbow was down before he fumbled it and the CPU team smartly challenged it and the fumble was reversed, but the player that sacked him never got a sack or even a tackle from it. That was a bug in last years game to when calls were reviewed and overturned.
Huh that's weird. Because regardless of the fumble it's a sack either way.
Old 09-04-2011, 12:27 AM   #71
Rookie

OVR: 6

I can't do anything with either the DE or DT on run or pass plays.

When pass rushing with the DE basically he just runs into the lineman and then does the thing when he falls down. With DT's I am staying on my feet but not getting much penetration. Even when I do there will always be another guy who is ready to block.

Run blocking is pissing me off though. When Controlling the DE usually I cant get off the lead blocker in enough time to get the guy. at DT it goes through the motion where the DT just puts the lineman on his back but this happens so slowly that there is not enough time to get the RB.

The only way I get pressure on pass plays is when I send a corner or something.
When I'm trying to shut down the run I have to control the LB.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 12:46 AM   #72
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

I just played my friend and he used the Cowboys and his CPU controlled D Ware was tearing my LT to pieces with two sacks first two plays of the game I had to shift the blocking to his side and keep the tight end in at times

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »