Home

The *Zoomed* Camera Angle

This is a discussion on The *Zoomed* Camera Angle within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 07:47 AM   #17
Cade Cunningham

rudyjuly2's Arena

OVR: 75
Re: The *Zoomed* Camera Angle

I don't think they should touch the zoomed cam either. That's a very close cam for those that like it. The standard cam is very far out. They need to add a third option in between. Until then I can live with the standard cam although NCAA 12's standard cam was a lot better as it didn't zoom out so far on running plays.
Old 09-04-2011, 09:02 AM   #18
Pro

carnalnirvana's Arena

OVR: 21

i have been playing on the zoom cam from the first time it was included, i dont know why they changed it.

they could have added the 2 cams we now have as options.

the new zoom cam gives me the perception that the field is too small, i throw a pass that looks like a check down but its really for 50yds...

#18 greatest EVA....
Old 09-04-2011, 11:12 AM   #19
Pro

OVR: 12

They need to add a custom camera like NBA 2K11
Old 09-07-2011, 08:24 AM   #20
Banned

OVR: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by CatMan72
They need to add a custom camera like NBA 2K11
Or at least let you be able to "tweak" each camera to your liking with zoom level, angle/tilt,etc.....
Old 09-07-2011, 08:40 AM   #21
I bent my Wookiee!

alifeincomplete's Arena

OVR: 11

Be better. :-P I don't have a problem passing on zoom camera. I can't stand to play the game on the standard camera.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 02:20 PM   #22
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I must say that playing on the zoomed camera has been a revelation! The game has taken on another life and level for me.

I played one game on the standard camera and I was really shocked at how far back it was this year and how last gen the game looked from this angle.

I went to zoomed and have not looked back. The game is gorgeous on this setting. Not only that I feel and see the action and it really elevates the entire game.

People complain about the outs. really with a little practice it is awesome and gives you a more real perspective of throwing the ball out their and reading the coverage.

I have had no issues throwing to the sidelines at all.

If your not at least giving this angle a shot you are really cheating yourself of all the graphical improvements the game has made this year.

And most importantly.....the running game. Oh my how glorious is feels and plays on zommed. You really are slipping, and sliding looking for holes or a crease then boom!!!

AWESOME.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23

Last edited by Armor and Sword; 09-09-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:29 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0

Agreed.

The better resolution quality the Zoom Cam provides is the first and foremost reason I play on that cam. From the player models, to the field, to the close up look at player animations and interaction. The Zoom Cam provides a quality viewing of Madden 12.

But, as stated, it has its flaws. You are pretty much limited to the amount of the field you can see. Here is my solution and would be great if EA could add to the Zoom Cam. Do you remember Flash Light Football? Ha, actually the PASSING CONE EA implemented a few editions back. Use the same logic with out the cone, but allow the QB/Cam to pan side to side in order to scan the field just like a real QB would. This way per the ZOOM Cam you could drop back and pan left, pan right in order to scan your WR's. This would be the same for running plays. Allow the RB to pan left, pan right when running. This would bring some serious realism to the game!

One thing is for sure, never take away the ZOOM angle. The Standard cam angle makes the game look like Techmo Bowl and the need for glasses is necessary.

Just my two cents.

Last edited by Don Figures; 09-09-2011 at 03:35 PM.
Old 09-09-2011, 03:58 PM   #24
Pro

MMurda's Arena

OVR: 5

for the life of me i dont get why they changed the standard cam that they used to have in ncaa 09 and madden 10....the one where on passing plays, if u moved around the pocket or went side to side, the camera would swivel the angle a lil bit(like / or like \) so u could actually see the targets near the sidelines. no clue what happened to that or why....but what else is new in maddenland.

as a sidenote, i havent been happy with standard cam. i feel like im so far away. the ncaa cam is perfect. on madden i cant even see the names on the back of the jerseys at all on a 50" tv. think i may give zoom a try
----------------------
Madden Since '92

Last edited by MMurda; 09-09-2011 at 04:01 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »