Home

is it me or is the Passing game weird

This is a discussion on is it me or is the Passing game weird within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-03-2011, 04:53 PM   #9
Pro

The Amaizen Blue's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: is it me or is the Passing game weird

My passing game is too cheesy for my liking. Too many slants because anything else gets batted down. Why are my bullet passes 25 yards down the field being knocked down at the line of scrimmage? If it's intended that far down the field, there should be more arch on it.
Old 09-03-2011, 05:50 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 2

This was exactly what I was talking about when I made my "how to realistically fix the passing game" thread.
Old 09-03-2011, 07:02 PM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0

Slant routes are very easy in this game, I usually hot route some of the other routes in this game. I use the GameFlow feature to get a variety of plays and to play the team the way they're supposed to be played. With the way everything is, I just do not have the confidence to throw the ball to any other route besides slant routes in Madden, because of how its set up. I am not used to have the ball go where the WR is, I am used to it going to the route and user catching everything. I am just way too integrated with NFL 2K5 at the moment, so it's going to take awile for the adjustment.

In the mean time, this game is fun!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 07:10 PM   #12
MVP

TeamBuilder's Arena

OVR: 15

If you play on All-Pro with with gamespeed set to slow, and "speed threshold" set to zero, the passing game becomes much more realistic.

This allows ratings to actually be used instead of the defense having super leaping linebackers that cover an entire side of the field with their zone coverage.
Old 09-03-2011, 08:08 PM   #13
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6

which route works well in madden besides slants?

in 2k most of the route works, but the comebacks, hitch
Old 09-03-2011, 08:32 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeamBuilder
If you play on All-Pro with with gamespeed set to slow, and "speed threshold" set to zero, the passing game becomes much more realistic.

This allows ratings to actually be used instead of the defense having super leaping linebackers that cover an entire side of the field with their zone coverage.
Good for 15 minute quarters?
Old 09-03-2011, 08:58 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinnybonez
which route works well in madden besides slants?

in 2k most of the route works, but the comebacks, hitch
I'm able to hit in routes, out routes, comeback routes(inside WR), Post routes, post corners, slants, drags, deep slants, and go routes. Sometimes I'm a little nervous to throw comeback routes to the outside WR because I can't see whats going on over there with the camera angle but when I look at the replay I see that it was plays where I could have hit it if I had of thrown it out there.. When I hear people say they can't do anything but slants and drags I shake my head because most routes do work on this game if you're good at directional throwing with the left. Your timing, touch and anticipation has to be on point when using the left stick. I pretty much mastered this and I'm able to use all these routes to my advantage and this is on All-Madden with very high sliders. It can be done. Some guys who are having trouble just need to work on it..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 09-04-2011 at 12:18 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-03-2011, 11:45 PM   #16
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

The passing game this year definitely has a different feel to it. Its funny to me how EA manages to do this every year, change something that doesnt need changing, lol! The field is just too narrow imo, db's and lb's can cover too much ground.

my advice, get on the practice field, offense only, and practice using the left stick to aim your throws. work on timing and mess with all the routes and try different combinations, when you get confident, practice against a defense and your on your way....

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »