Home

And with the number 5 overall pick...

This is a discussion on And with the number 5 overall pick... within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 2
And with the number 5 overall pick...

... the Jacksonville Jagaurs select Georgia PUNTER Drew Butler! Selected ahead of both Andrew Luck (who went 16th well after Kellen Moore who make Drew Brees look like Shaq Diesel)!

Look I like the Dawgs snazzy new uniforms too but seriously...

OK on a serious note, this is just lazy coding but the fix would be SO easy. Why not allow us to edit the draft class in either NCAA before its imported or in Madden afterwards? EA has had this problem since franchise mode was invented, so after 10 plus years can we just get the ability to fix it ourselves?

And while are at it... I appreciate the idea behind the generic player pictures, but some of those guys look like they work in the cube next me doing accounting or something, not playing football. My 2011 draftee Trent Richardson looks like a very light skinned hobo. Can we just get the ability to turn the pictures off and use the silhouette?

And finally, what the rationale behind not being to edit the appearance of the default players? There are MANY inconsistencies with skin color and size. Lots of guys with guns who have little cornerback arms and not every lineman has a fat Albert Haynesworth gut!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 10:11 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 4
Re: And with the number 5 overall pick...

That is the improved draft logic.

Now we can expect a response from EA along the lines of "We are going to fix this. Eventually. Thank you for being a beta tester."
Old 09-04-2011, 10:20 AM   #3
Pro

Patriots1996's Arena

OVR: 9

I can't believe the Raiders didn't take him
Old 09-04-2011, 11:36 AM   #4
Rookie

Simp's Arena

OVR: 4
I love how every time there is any problem with the game these days it's automatically "lazy coding". Seems to be the new buzz word around here.
Old 09-04-2011, 11:57 AM   #5
MVP

OVR: 0

its the draft class bug look it up..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 12:02 PM   #6
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots1996
I can't believe the Raiders didn't take him
Indeed. ...and thus once again we must be reminded that reality can be just as strange as the video game.

Now if a kicker or punter gets drafted that high every season, it's a problem... but it can happen occasionally without the game being "broken".
Old 09-04-2011, 12:03 PM   #7
Rookie

TearsOfPurple's Arena

It's a NCAA draft class bug. The EA handmade draft classes work pretty flawless. There's been like 5 threads on this already...
Old 09-04-2011, 12:08 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simp
I love how every time there is any problem with the game these days it's automatically "lazy coding". Seems to be the new buzz word around here.
Lazy coding , terrible coding, half a$$ cosing. What Ever you want to call it, It's bad. You must of not up played this franchise on this current gen. Extremely dissapointing stuff this game has been.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »