Home

I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB)

This is a discussion on I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB) within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-04-2011, 05:34 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB)

Oh, I know the teams focus on overall rather than position, generally speaking. The intent of this fix is to...well...fix that. By setting the priorities as I've outlined, this shouldn't be happening anymore. The punter was projected to go 3rd overall in my run through, meaning he had the 3rd highest OVR, yet he wasn't taken at all. The system works...it's the fact that you're trying to get certain teams to take backup QBs that is throwing it off. I think. Maybe.

Unfortunately, my game just keeps getting buggier and buggier. I figured out how to sim the staff section without actually advancing a week and losing the ability to swap teams...but it STILL says I'm missing a head coach. For ALL of the teams. Despite the fact that I just simmed through the hiring session.

Honestly, it's like the game knows I'm trying to fix it, and it's pulling out all the stops to prevent me from doing so.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 05:39 PM   #42
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: I Fixed the Imported Draft! (No P/K in first round, no Carolina taking a QB)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Actinguy1
Oh, I know the teams focus on overall rather than position, generally speaking. The intent of this fix is to...well...fix that. By setting the priorities as I've outlined, this shouldn't be happening anymore.

Unfortunately, my game just keeps getting buggier and buggier. I figured out how to sim the staff section without actually advancing a week and losing the ability to swap teams...but it STILL says I'm missing a head coach. For ALL of the teams. Despite the fact that I just simmed through the hiring session.

Honestly, it's like the game knows I'm trying to fix it, and it's pulling out all the stops to prevent me from doing so.
I think you're getting close though. Because for the most part in the Draft I watched the only real head scratchers were Miami passing on Luck, and the Bears taking the punter so early.

Let it be noted that another P/K weren't taken until the mid-6th after that.

I think to completely fix it, we all need to try to find a way around the CPU releasing players it shouldn't. Like I said had Palmer/Hasselbeck not been on the Dolphins they probably would have taken Luck. They passed on Luck due to having to veterans and took their QB at a later point while still filling a need role with the pick they should have used on Luck. So even though what happened didn't make sense, in a way it does.
Chicago Blackhawks

Last edited by LivingLegend; 09-04-2011 at 05:44 PM.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
I think you're getting close though. Because for the most part in the Draft I watched the only real head scratchers were Miami passing on Luck, and the Bears taking the punter so early.

Let it be noted that another P/K weren't taken until the mid-6th after that.

I think to completely fix it, we all need to try to find a way around the CPU releasing players it shouldn't. Like I said had Palmer/Hasselbeck not been on the Dolphins they probably would have taken Luck. They passed on Luck due to having to veterans and took their QB at a later point while still filling a need role with the pick they should have used on Luck. So even though what happened didn't make sense, in a way it does.
If the Dolphins have Palmer/Hasselbeck, they don't have an immediate need at QB. Long term, yes, but it makes sense that they'd pass on Luck to take an outstanding LT, which is one of the most important spots on the field (protecting the QB's blindside). I don't have today's number handy, but in 2004 Vick and Hasselbeck were the two highest paid players in the NFL. The third and fourth most highest paid players were LTs.

As for fixing who gets released, the only way I can see doing that is to control all 32 teams. I do intend to do that in the near future, if I could get my game to stop breaking long enough that I could be absolutely sure that the draft is working as I designed.
Old 09-04-2011, 05:47 PM   #44
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

Excuse the double post but I do believe I just noticed another bug.

Have you tried going back into the Coaching Schemes after the first years draft?
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 09-04-2011, 05:49 PM   #45
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

Quote:
If the Dolphins have Palmer/Hasselbeck, they don't have an immediate need at QB. Long term, yes, but it makes sense that they'd pass on Luck to take an outstanding LT, which is one of the most important spots on the field (protecting the QB's blindside).

As for fixing who gets released, the only way I can see doing that is to control all 32 teams. I do intend to do that in the near future, if I could get my game to stop breaking long enough that I could be absolutely sure that the draft is working as I designed.
Since Palmer and Hasselbeck are so old, I'm curious to find out what will happen in FA/the Draft the second year. If the Dolphins take a veteran (in the event these guys retire) and not draft a QB than I would say what you've done is more than successful. I'm gonna sim really fast and see what they do.
Chicago Blackhawks
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-04-2011, 05:50 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingLegend
Excuse the double post but I do believe I just noticed another bug.

Have you tried going back into the Coaching Schemes after the first years draft?
Yes. Are you getting a screwed-up screen where you can barely read what it says?
Old 09-04-2011, 05:52 PM   #47
The Living Legend

LivingLegend's Arena

Quote:
Yes. Are you getting a screwed-up screen where you can barely read what it says?

Yeah, it's like the whiteboard effect. It looks like someone scribbled all over the screen then tried erasing it leaving streaks behind in the process.
Chicago Blackhawks
Old 09-04-2011, 05:57 PM   #48
Rookie

That sounds about right. Here's some issues I am repeatedly running into while fixing the draft.

1) Disappearing draft classes. Yes, I know to export the second time it asks, and I know about all the XBOX360 drama. But I haven't heard anyone having draft classes that sometimes work and sometimes don't load. Restarting the game isn't any good. I have to actually restart my PS3 to get the classes to show up again.

2) The issue you mentioned. Going into coaching strategies following a draft gives a very distorted screen.

3) The issue I've just now encountered. Play as one team, then when you get to offseason, control all 32 teams and try to make draft preference changes. It tells me I have to hire a head coach for all 32 teams, even though all 32 teams have a head coach, and I can't even fire them to hire a new one.

4) I swore that I repeatedly saw playoff seeding screwed up...sixth seed hosting fourth seed for example, if the sixth seed had a better record. But once I started tracking it, it was working properly again. I have my eye on you, playoff seeds!

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »