Home

Simulation scores need work

This is a discussion on Simulation scores need work within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-06-2011, 03:22 AM   #1
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2
Simulation scores need work

same deal as madden 11. the better team doesnt win nearly often enough. teams very rarely do better than 11-5 no matter how good they are. after a few years of franchise, 10-6 will probably win you any division. even when i play God and stack a team full of talent, theyre still lucky to finish 10-6. anybody else notice this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-06-2011, 08:04 AM   #2
Banned

The Duke's Arena

Re: Simulation scores need work

39 views and not a single comment? pretty straight-forward question. surely other people have noticed this? it happened in my madden 11 franchises, too. along with highly rated players not playing up to their ratings in simulations.
Old 09-06-2011, 08:26 AM   #3
Rookie

There are pretty fundamental problems with the simulation system that are driving the end results. On balance I'd say that this year's simulation engine is as bad as any since Madden 04. It looks and plays as though it were completely untested.

A few obvious little tests (that apparently didn't seem to obvious to the devs): simulate a full season and go to look at QB stats. Look at the completion percentages. In dozens of years of simulations, I had a great deal of difficulty, even with quality quarterbacks and receivers, producing consistent completion percentages above 60%. I would say that, in the aggregate, completion rates are between 5-10% too low. This is...in terms of scoring and differentiating quarterbacks, a huge number.

Beyond that, tipped passes continue to occur at rates in single games that exceed actual totals over the course of an entire season, which has been a problem only for the last 2 years or so, if I recall correctly.

The simulation engine is completely incapable of handling 34 playbooks as well, even in 2011. Take a look at the total tackles from a Harrison or Ware - they tend to run at 2x actual tackle totals for those players.

It's hard to say what specifically is causing what you've described, but it could be any number of things. The integrity of the simulation engine is as bad as it has ever been.
Old 09-06-2011, 10:36 PM   #4
Banned

The Duke's Arena

Its a sick joke that i have to spend hours and hours before and after each season controlling all 32 teams to get them to behave realistically and then when i sim the games, the teams and players dont perform to their ratings. completely defeats the purpose of even playing the game.
Old 09-06-2011, 11:29 PM   #5
Banned

OVR: 3

Do you think the Cowboys finished the NFL season last year based on their ratings?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-07-2011, 11:24 AM   #6
Banned

The Duke's Arena

did the entire league struggle to do better than 8-8 last season?
and cool, tiburon can just totally randomise the regular season results so ratings dont matter at all. thatll be fun.
Old 09-07-2011, 12:41 PM   #7
Pro

T5063's Arena

If you look at the team overall ratings in Franchise Mode (not Play Now), you'll see that they're all between 80-87 (IIRC Cincy is 80 and Pats are 86). Based on the ratings it makes sense that there will be a lot of .500 teams since according to the game they're all within a few points of each other overall.

The way the CPU calculates the overalls is a little wacked I think since I woudn't imagine a team like Cincy in only 6/100 pts worse than a team like the Patriots.
Old 09-07-2011, 01:03 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 5

Low completion percentage sucks. They went from every QB passing for 70% to 2000 yard rushers every season to almost every QB completion percentage under 60%. Will I ever enjoy franchise EA???

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »