Home

Franchise Mode - What a Trade!!!

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode - What a Trade!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 02:33 PM   #33
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Franchise Mode - What a Trade!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaddenFranchise10
Madden's had awful trade logic forever. It's sad.

I wish EA was capable of programming a realistic trade AI so we could play franchise without needing to self-regulate fairness.

When I play a 1-team franchise, I hate having to hold the other teams' hands when trading, but I'm forced to, since I could steal any player I want. No challenge = no fun, that's why we all use sliders to make the game harder.

Can't they just write a code that gives certain young "future star" players a higher trade value than a player that's past his prime, regardless of OVR rating?

Draft picks need to be reworked as well. The CPU is much too willing to part with future draft picks.

Shouldn't potential factor into trades? I know that a lot of good older players have an "A" potential rating still, so perhaps that's a factoring issue. Players' potential rating should decrease as they age. 35 year old players, regardless of OVR rating, should not have A potential. They're not getting any better, and whatever potential they ever had has already been realized.

$.02

Completely agree....that's why in M11, i just turned off trading in my 1-team 'chise......might have to do the same this year since i dont wanna do 32-team control if i dont absoltely have to....I really wished EA would put more of an emphasis on this
Old 09-09-2011, 02:34 PM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 5

I'm not sure I'm quite sold on Dalton, although that might be that he has performed abysmally in my off and on line franchises. I think it might be more me than him. I wish the best for him, obviously, but I doubt he will ever be more than a game manager type QB.

Green, on the other hand, (as well as nearly the entire D), I am very excited to see develop.
Old 09-09-2011, 02:41 PM   #35
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by vaderdog
I'm not sure I'm quite sold on Dalton, although that might be that he has performed abysmally in my off and on line franchises. I think it might be more me than him. I wish the best for him, obviously, but I doubt he will ever be more than a game manager type QB.

Green, on the other hand, (as well as nearly the entire D), I am very excited to see develop.
I'm sure u'd rather see dalton then gradkowski lol....Gresham should be solid this year also.....I have high hopes for dunlap as well
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-09-2011, 03:57 PM   #36
Rookie

xxDHAINESxx's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
Steelers

Hines Ward
1st Round Jets Draft Pick

for

Detroit

Ndumong Suh - yeah
Nick Fairley - A potential
Amari Spievey - B potential

what do you think of that?

so let me see if i understand this correctly...

you traded a jets 1st round pick, which will most likely be late 1st round, and a 35 year old aging receiver that is on rapid decline and is definately on the tail end of his great career, which would mean he's not that great anymore, to a team that has calvin johnson, nate burleson, and titus young at receiver right now, and wouldnt even need another receiver,

for ndamukong suh, who in 2 or 3 years will be known as the best defensive lineman in football, if he's not already, who the lions are building their future around, to a team that already has casey hampton, arguably the best defensive tackle in the business, and nick fairley, a guy that hasnt even played a down of football in his career, the 13th overall pick, and plus he's injured and the steelers already have keisel and smith on the ends, and they just trade him away for basically nothing; plus you throw in speivy...seems fair to me
Old 09-09-2011, 04:53 PM   #37
Rookie

OVR: 2

I traded Casey Hampton also for someone + 2nd round Draft Pick too
Old 09-09-2011, 05:06 PM   #38
Banned

belucheez's Arena

OVR: 0

Wow guys... if he shelled out $60 for a game then he should get to play it however he wants. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all.
Old 09-09-2011, 05:17 PM   #39
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by belucheez
Wow guys... if he shelled out $60 for a game then he should get to play it however he wants. If you don't have anything nice to say don't say it at all.
I did mention that in my very first response post....with that being said, we're allowed to have our own opinions....Using a steelers reference, he can trade keisel and aaron smith (since the OP seems to enjoy to trade proven, aged veterans) for 1st-round picks, but don't come on here and brag about *what a trade* when if u know ANYTHING about football, he would get laughed at from now till forever if he was the Steelers and proposed those trades...he had to know he was gunna get blasted by posting on here
Old 09-09-2011, 05:25 PM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 6

The trade logic is inconsistent. I can see certain situations where they tried to make it more difficult to have one-sided trades, but completely ignore other areas. For example, I traded out of the first round before the draft (and decent scouting). I realized that I had no chance on the player I wanted unless I traded to get the first pick in the second round. I tried trading two second round picks and next year's 1st but no dice (incidentally the ai was able to get the 1st pick via a trade for that year's 3rd pick in the 2nd and 3rd rounds). I ended up having to trade Ratliff for the cpu's pick, a 3rd, plus next years 1st. So I ended up getting (future) great cb, dt, and a 1st.

I kind of feel guilty with the trade, but then I tried to get a much worse deal and the game wouldn't let me.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »