Home

Franchise Mode - What a Trade!!!

This is a discussion on Franchise Mode - What a Trade!!! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-09-2011, 11:46 PM   #49
MVP

EccentricMeat's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Franchise Mode - What a Trade!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liam
why? I got a sick deal. I got one of the best Defensive Tackles in the league no doubt, and also a high potential back up to him in Faiers. so tell me whats so bad about that? because I think its a great move for me. Hines Ward is old and slow so I got rid, Plus ive got a shed load of Draft Picks too

Im re-shaping the team to add some young players to the already established veterans.

It had to be freshened up a bit with young promisng players, and ive got loads

Let me sum it up for you. You gave up nothing to get an amazing deal. Your trade was completely unrealistic and everyone is laughing at you for thinking it was a "good trade" seeing as in real life, the Lions would laugh at you if you tried to offer them that trade. It's basically a slap in the face to the Lions that they gave those players up for some dirty laundry.

Old 09-10-2011, 07:43 AM   #50
Rookie

sabastiane's Arena

OVR: 0

Sounds like the lions hired matt millen back with that kind of trade.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:39 AM   #51
Rookie

OVR: 1

I had a water fight with some little kids at the park yesterday. I won! No ones a match for me and my kettle.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 08:43 AM   #52
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Way to pat yourself on the back OP. I will say this though, how bad must the trade logic be if the OP can pull this off, yet if I try to pick up some low 70 player because I need depth, and the CPU has 3 guys in front of the player, and it they won't take anythings less then a 2nd rnd pick? Just seams silly broken.
The thing I hate is that trading up in the draft is impossible, yet trading down is way to easy. The number of times I've desperately wanted to jump from the bottom of the first to the middle of the first and the CPU has REFUSES to do be interested.

Does anyone have any tips on how to move up in the 1st round? It must be possible.
Old 09-10-2011, 08:45 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 9

This falls into the "whatever rocks your socks" kind of trade. If you enjoy dominating the league year in and year out then this trade is fine. I really can understand this...life smacks us down in a lot of ways.....this is one way to be King.

But as far as realism goes? Nah.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-10-2011, 09:43 AM   #54
Rookie

The Trooper 458's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Steelers

Hines Ward
1st Round Jets Draft Pick

for

Detroit

Ndumong Suh - yeah
Nick Fairley - A potential
Amari Spievey - B potential

what do you think of that?

You ripped them off, that's what I think.

Two Franchise DTs for a guy who automatically retires at the end of the year (at least he did in my Franchise, I went through all the retirement accouncments for every team).
NCAA F: Ohio State Buckeyes
NCAA B: San Diego State Aztecs
Old 09-10-2011, 10:16 AM   #55
Hall Of Fame

reyes the roof's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WerderBremenYank
Sounds like the Trade AI is FUBAR.
Yeah definitely. I was a few weeks in to my Bears franchise when they signed Merriweather and I wanted to find a way to get him on the Bears without starting over in my franchise. I decided to sign a free agent safety and then edit Merriweather's ratings down so the cpu would accept the trade and then edit them back to what they originally were. The guy I tried to trade them was rated in the 70s and I had Merriweather's rating down in the 40s and they still wouldn't accept. I ended up editing the guy I was trading until his rating was in the 90s for them to accept a trade for their 40 rated safety. Then I edited them both back to their original ratings after the trade
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 10:28 AM   #56
Rookie

The Trooper 458's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
why? I got a sick deal. I got one of the best Defensive Tackles in the league no doubt, and also a high potential back up to him in Faiers. so tell me whats so bad about that? because I think its a great move for me. Hines Ward is old and slow so I got rid, Plus ive got a shed load of Draft Picks too

Im re-shaping the team to add some young players to the already established veterans.

It had to be freshened up a bit with young promisng players, and ive got loads

If you wanted to do that you could have traded for one of the Titans DTs.

They have about 6 who are A-B potential not counting the two starting DTs.

But then, you're probably the kind of guy who doesn't think outside the Pro Bowl and only uses the Steelers. Meaning you miss out on a of lower-rating, high potential talent.
NCAA F: Ohio State Buckeyes
NCAA B: San Diego State Aztecs

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »