Home

Who is your favourite Quarterback & Pass Rusher?

This is a discussion on Who is your favourite Quarterback & Pass Rusher? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-10-2011, 09:59 PM   #1
TheSaints7

OVR:
Who is your favourite Quarterback & Pass Rusher?

Post the Quarterback and Pass Rusher in which you get most success out of and enjoy playing with. I understand there is a thread for the players you enjoy playing with but this is dedicated to QB and PR.
My most enjoying and successful Pass Rusher is Clay Matthews because of his speed and ability to immediately get to the player and bring him down. One of the best LOLB in the NFL and also in Madden 12 as he comes in as an overall of 94!
For my Quarterback it is either Drew Brees or Aaron Rodgers. Brees purely because he is my favorite player and he comes off with some brilliant throws and is fairly good at scrambling his short and long throws are what makes him a excellent QB to have and this is why he is a 96 overall.
Aaron Rodgers comes into the game as the MVP from last year and this brings him to the second most highest rated QB in Madden at a 98 overall just getting pipped by Tom Brady who is the highest rated QB at a 99. Now Aaron Rodgers has some great WR to aim for including the all great Greg Jennings who has the ability to catch nearly every throw but if he isnt an option Rodgers can pin point someone else in an akward situation and still manage to make it into the WR hands for a 1st down. He also managers to get me alot of TD passes without throwing that many interceptions. I have played 4 Pre Season games and 1 Regular season match and so far he has thrown 0 interceptions and when we played the Saints in the 1st Regular game he managed 3 TD passes which is impressive against the saints
Post yours below!

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-10-2011, 10:25 PM   #2
MVP

Champion8877's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: Who is your favourite Quarterback & Pass Rusher?

my favorite QB to play with-Vick for obvious reasons(even though i only used him twice since i feel kinda cheap using him especially online) and i also really like flacco and ryan, they are pretty damn accurate and good and ATL and BAL are the teams i use online

my favorite pass rushers are Suh and Raji because i love the huge power guys.
Old 09-10-2011, 10:39 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 3

Josh Freeman is a lot of fun to use-cannon arm and still has touch.
Able to elude the rush and gain yards too.
Pass rushing...Elvis Dumerville has a wicked spin move.
Ive also had success with Adrian Clayborn DE Tampa Bay.
Old 09-11-2011, 12:43 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I like the young crap QBs, all the 80+ OVR guys are too easy to play with. Im in week 4 of my Bengals franchise and Dalton is erratic as sh*t but I like the challenge. I signed Garrard but won't play him unless Dalton goes on a 4-5 game losing streak. 2-1 so far. And for pass rusher I'll stick with current team I'm using and say Carlos Dunlap. He's already got 7 sacks and 12 TFLs!
Old 09-11-2011, 02:12 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

The QB that is my favorite to use would have to be either Josh Freeman or Jake Locker. Both have enough speed to scramble a little bit and they both have super powerful arms. They are players you can build a team around.

The weird thing about my favorite rusher is that he isn't highly rated at all. My team is the Giants and I started to play a Season with them. Usually in other versions of Madden I used Tuck but this year the only thing that happens he slips and falls about every time. I started to use Marvin Austin who is the Giants rookie DT that is rated a 69 overall. Most DT's in the game use power moves which basically when you try to rush in you knock the offensive lineman over but you are stuck in that animation and cannot make any plays. Austin used Finnese moves and he is very quick for a DT. I had a 15 sack season with him.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-11-2011, 03:19 AM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 5

DT's are cheat on this game. Because of their power they are unstoppable, which in real life there are only a handful of true DT's that can get constant quick pressure. Especially someone like Vince Wilfolk who isn't a pass rusher at all but because of his power he always gets like 10 sacks. So not real. Meanwhile my DE's or OLB's can never get passed a Tackle and just get thrown to the ground every time.
Old 09-11-2011, 03:25 AM   #7
Rookie

MaddenFanPS3's Arena

OVR: 0

When I play online I like Rodgers, has pinpoint accuracy and can throw it deep. I know lots of guys love Vick but I'm not much of a scrambler and I love to heave it deep, Vick isn't very accurate. Annoying how many times I've had Maclin or Jackson wide open after completely burning the corner only to have Vick overthrow him by 5 yards.

As far as pass rushers, LaMarr Houston is beastly for me, got 25 sacks with him in my first year in franchise on All-Pro.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »