Home

Is there some trick to throwing on the run?

This is a discussion on Is there some trick to throwing on the run? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 12:53 AM   #9
MVP

Tweeg's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: Is there some trick to throwing on the run?

Same with me. As you guys have said it's extra frustrating when you are just trying to throw it away, and your QB decides he needs to stop, plant, and direct his shoulders for the throw.
Old 09-13-2011, 12:54 AM   #10
Banned

MileHighSalute30's Arena

OVR: 10

Throwing the ball away should be very quick. I also noticed that sometimes my QB has to "load up" on throws no NFL caliber QB should have to load up on.
Old 09-13-2011, 01:29 AM   #11
Banned

OVR: 0
This has been really annoying to me as well - can never throw the ball away. Watched the game tonight (pats dolphs) and it just shows how easily a qb can maneuver and throw a ball away.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 04:00 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 6

Throwing on the run only works on short passes. Every QB in the NFL can throw a short pass on the run. Long passes don't work while on the run because what QB do you know that can run and just throw the ball 50 yards without using their body to generate power
Old 09-13-2011, 05:43 AM   #13
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

I just figured this out...

You have to be holding the sprint button, and you have to hold it all the way through the start of the throw. If you let up too early the QB will go back into "pocket mode" and you'll see him stop, then plant his foot and throw.

Doesn't matter what the QB's ratings are either. If he has a low throw on the run rating it just means he'll be less accurate.

You can throw deep too. It doesn't have to be a short pass.

The main thing is to just not let up on the sprint button too early, which is what I was doing.
Old 09-13-2011, 06:51 AM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
I just figured this out...

You have to be holding the sprint button, and you have to hold it all the way through the start of the throw. If you let up too early the QB will go back into "pocket mode" and you'll see him stop, then plant his foot and throw.

Doesn't matter what the QB's ratings are either. If he has a low throw on the run rating it just means he'll be less accurate.

You can throw deep too. It doesn't have to be a short pass.

The main thing is to just not let up on the sprint button too early, which is what I was doing.
I'll definitely have to try this... I thought I was holding the button, but maybe sub-consciously I was letting up.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »