Home

The "How to fix it" thread.

This is a discussion on The "How to fix it" thread. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 08:34 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
The "How to fix it" thread.

Thought it might be helpful if some of us could post our fixes to problems people complain about on the boards. I see a lot of complaints that are no longer issues for me for one reason or another. I'm going to list a few in the next post and invite anyone else to do the same.

PLEASE DO NOT DENIGRATE ANYONE, ARGUE WITH A POST OR COMPLAIN THAT "IT WON'T WORK". I'D LIKE THIS TO BE A HELP TO PEOPLE BASED ON THE SUCCESSFUL EFFORTS TO FIX THINGS THAT SOME HAVE DONE.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 08:45 AM   #2
MVP

Re: The "How to fix it" thread.

My very first observation is that you need to make sure you know what realistic NFL numbers are for various stats. i don't know how often I hear 1. "I don't get enough sacks (or ints)...the pass rush/int etc. is broken"...then find out they are averaging 2 sacks per game and 1 pick per game. Guess what...that's about the median in the NFL for both stats. I know about this. In my play all games for all teams chise I often have the impression that my pass rush stinks. But in the end the sack stats are right on. Same with picks.

2. Another is "PA is broken/doesn't work etc." Now I can only speak for myself with all madden customized sliders. Perhaps that makes a difference...I don't know but here's what I've found:
PA in this game is pretty lifelike. If you are not running well, the D will ignore play fakes. I've seen it multiple times this year. Games I'm killing him on the run, I get good PA plays including beating the cpu deep once in a while. Otherwise they don't work. AGain...just like IRL.
Also I've noticed that i get sacked more than I think I should on PA, but when I look at the replay they were blitzing! That's on me then. I need to see that coming and audible. IRL most blitzers don't stop to chase the back. They make a bee line for the QB (often clobbering him even when he doesn't have the ball).
3. "IT's too hard to run the ball". yes it's a challenge especially on all madden but i have found that, while there are some games I just get stuffed (just like IRL) if I set up plays, call or audible to suit the D (running on a 7-8 man front with single back and 4 wr is not going to work folks), be patient and look for holes AND NOT TOUCH THE SPRINT BUTTON UNTIL i CLEAR THE LINE OF SCRIMMAGE, then I get realistic results.
4. "(insert name) is impossible to stop at WR. Folks there is a WR spotlight (many don't realize this). On PS3 it's R2 and the reciever's symbol.
Played the Lions last night. Spotlighted Johnson the whole game and while he put of decent numbers he didn't kill me. I knocked the ball loose a few times (not user, the cpu controlling my guys did) and I batted/picked a few.

More to come...others please add your helpful hints.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-13-2011, 09:50 AM   #3
Banned

OVR: 0

My office mate and I would love for the whole rain thing in every franchise game to be fixed.
Old 09-13-2011, 09:53 AM   #4
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bedpan_Gamer
My office mate and I would love for the whole rain thing in every franchise game to be fixed.

I don't think there is a fix for that. That's an EA patch issue. I'm talking about gameplay.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »