Home

The Trade Thread

This is a discussion on The Trade Thread within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 07:42 AM   #9
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Trade Thread

Man you would have loved me , in my franchise I trade Eli manning for Tim tebow and the 19th pick in the draft
Old 09-14-2011, 09:42 AM   #10
Rookie

Vaporub83's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patriots1996
If I'm trading Peyton Hillis away, what should I expect for him? I'm thinking in terms of a high pick and a couple players. Thanks!
You wouldn't get a high pick AND a couple players. It would be one or the other. Since Hillis isn't elite just yet, the best pick you could possibly get is a 3rd round (in real life)

"For those who believe, no explanation is necessary; for those who do not believe, no explanation will suffice." -Joseph Dunninger
Old 09-14-2011, 09:49 AM   #11
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinksheets
Considering Denver wasn't able to get a third out of Miami for Orton, I'd say you're unlikely to get that kind of bundle in a trade. I doubt any team would be willing to give more than a 4th for Tebow at this point either, given that any FO would be aware that if Tebow is available it's because Denver has no interest in grooming him for the future. I'd say Orton could get an 80-85 OVR B potential quality corner from a QB needy team and Tebow probably a guy in the 70s. Any picks on top of that would probably be no earlier than a 5th for Orton and a 6th for Tebow.
Well I'm glad I asked lol.
Apppreciate the input and tips guys.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 10:09 AM   #12
MVP

OVR: 9

man that trade is just not realistic at all. You're talking about a journeyman QB, who started only by default, and never played well enough to keep his starting job anywhere. The other guy is an unproven 2nd year man who is short and lacks arm strength. There is no way anyone trades ANYTHING for either of these guys. IRL these guys get released.
Put yourself in the position of any other team. I'm trying to think of teams who need a Qb (IRL - not because someone hates Eli or such). AFter Henne through for 400 yards the other night I'm sure he's got the job for a while with Miami. Add to the fact that he's a young high draft pick that they've been grooming and I'm sure they' wont' bail on him too quickly....too much invested there for now. Let's see I'll go through each division in my head.
Bills may need a QB although after this week Fitzpatrick will get a few more shots.
Cincy has a rookie they are starting now.
The Skins may want a young QB.
Seattle could use a young QB they are likely going nowhere.
Titans have Locker waiting, not built to win now.
I may have missed someone but here's the problem. Any team that would take Orton would have to feel that 1. We are built to win now and 2. He'd be a significant upgrade to use a draft pick on.
Any team after Tebow would 1. Believe he can be a Qb of the future and 2. Is going nowhere now.

Let's look at my list.
The Bills may want Tebow...probably your best bet if Fitz falls on his face at some point. They are still rebuilding. They'd have no interest in Orton.
The skins would need to feel Orton is better than Grossman (which he failed to show in Chicago) or that they aren't going anywhere and Tebow could be a future starter.
The Seahags may be interested in experimenting as well.

So as I see it, the Seahawks, Bills or the Skins may want Tebow. Being that they are both rebuilding they will not give away anything higher than a 5th round pick for him IMO. Forget the CB...no team is giving you a starting CB for a journeyman or unproven 2nd year guy who scouts feel doesn't have a significant upside.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-14-2011, 11:03 AM   #13
Rookie

Boling4Humor's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
man that trade is just not realistic at all. You're talking about a journeyman QB, who started only by default, and never played well enough to keep his starting job anywhere. The other guy is an unproven 2nd year man who is short and lacks arm strength. There is no way anyone trades ANYTHING for either of these guys. IRL these guys get released.
Put yourself in the position of any other team. I'm trying to think of teams who need a Qb (IRL - not because someone hates Eli or such). AFter Henne through for 400 yards the other night I'm sure he's got the job for a while with Miami. Add to the fact that he's a young high draft pick that they've been grooming and I'm sure they' wont' bail on him too quickly....too much invested there for now. Let's see I'll go through each division in my head.
Bills may need a QB although after this week Fitzpatrick will get a few more shots.
I may have missed someone but here's the problem. Any team that would take Orton would have to feel that 1. We are built to win now and 2. He'd be a significant upgrade to use a draft pick on.
Any team after Tebow would 1. Believe he can be a Qb of the future and 2. Is going nowhere now.

Let's look at my list.
The Bills may want Tebow...probably your best bet if Fitz falls on his face at some point. They are still rebuilding. They'd have no interest in Orton.
The skins would need to feel Orton is better than Grossman (which he failed to show in Chicago) or that they aren't going anywhere and Tebow could be a future starter.

So as I see it, the Seahawks, Bills or the Skins may want Tebow. Being that they are both rebuilding they will not give away anything higher than a 5th round pick for him IMO. Forget the CB...no team is giving you a starting CB for a journeyman or unproven 2nd year guy who scouts feel doesn't have a significant upside.
wow. all good points. i like the idea of orton ending up in Wash. I also realized another point nobody has brought up yet. Gerrard is also a FA so that could possibly eliminate Orton playing anywhere unless the coaching scheme simply doesn't match up with Gerrards style. so ultimately it does come down to Tebow being shipped off and being groomed somewhere else. With the idea of recieving a 5th pick at best for him just doesn't seem attractive enough to me.

sounds like i'm better off building through the draft than making a trade at this point.

Last edited by Boling4Humor; 09-14-2011 at 11:06 AM.
Old 09-14-2011, 11:26 AM   #14
Rookie

btvs's Arena

OVR: 6

I offer two 1st round picks for Ryan Mallett and Pats said NO
Old 09-14-2011, 11:41 AM   #15
Rookie

PLACT15's Arena

OVR: 0

I traded orlovsky and 2nds from the colts for tebow. He's developing nicely
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 01:36 PM   #16
Rookie

fran33s's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees

Let's look at my list.

Good point! Henne had a great game against Pats. Hopefully he will keep it up.

I completely agree with the Bills. They are rebuilding and if Fitzpatrick falls off the earth or gets injured, their backup is Tyler Thigpen. Tebow can slide in there and take some snaps. Seahawks I think is a better fit for Orton, because Jackson is rather quick and can run, and not as good as a pocket passer.
Kansas City Royals
Golden State Warriors

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »