Home

Unusual amount of season ending injuries

This is a discussion on Unusual amount of season ending injuries within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-14-2011, 12:01 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 15
Unusual amount of season ending injuries

I think the NFL in my franchise has suffered an unbelievable amount of season ending injuries. I counted 70 season ending injuries and 30 of those were from complete achilles tear. Oh by the way, I've played 2 games in the regular season. I don't think this is similar to the NFL in the number of season ending injuries. Anyone else experience this?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 12:13 AM   #2
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: Unusual amount of season ending injuries

Turn the injury slider down some if you see this being consistent. I can't say I've seen it yet though.

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Old 09-14-2011, 12:27 AM   #3
MVP

OVR: 15

Where is the injury slider? I don't see it anywhere in franchise.

Btw, I simmed the season to see how many would wind up out for the season and it ended up being a total of 102 players. Every FS injured was out for the season which was about 15 of them. The most players with season ending injuries were CBs.

Anyways, this is just strange.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:36 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

Did you start with "use preexisting injuries" because that could explain it, they have players getting hurt at the same rate but they start with a few injuries in place already from players on IR.
Old 09-14-2011, 12:56 AM   #5
MVP

bigbob's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiepats89
Did you start with "use preexisting injuries" because that could explain it, they have players getting hurt at the same rate but they start with a few injuries in place already from players on IR.
This too, I turn this off before EVERY franchise. Also, the slider for injuries is not in Franchise mode. If you go out and go to your "Settings", near the bottom there is "Fatigue" and below it is "Injuries".

Have you ever wanted to coach or play basketball at the next level, but something prevented you from achieving that dream? Fret no more. Ask me about SimWorld Hoops to see how you can create your virtual self, and follow your path from the prep-level to the pros.

#SeeTheGameBeTheGame
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-14-2011, 07:47 AM   #6
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0

Lower your injuries to 30 the biggest injury I ever had with the slider at 30 was OSI out for 6 weeks everything else was a game or else so I love it
Old 09-14-2011, 08:19 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have the injury slider at 15 and had 6 injuries from anywhere between t and 12 weeks in the first 3 games. I started.my 4th game and then had another player out for 10 weeks. I honestly think it needs looking at
Old 09-14-2011, 09:02 AM   #8
All Star

OVR: 33

Jeremy Maclin. Second play of the season. Broken vertebrate. Career ending.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »