Home

I find it unbelievably dumb that you can't get drafted in superstar mode

This is a discussion on I find it unbelievably dumb that you can't get drafted in superstar mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-13-2011, 03:36 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 22
I find it unbelievably dumb that you can't get drafted in superstar mode

With your road to glory imported superstar, they just land you on some random team, yet, when you don't create a road to glory qb, and just make a created one in madden, you get drafed.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 03:39 AM   #2
Rookie

Ricanlegend's Arena

OVR: 0
Talking Re: I find it unbelievably dumb that you can't get drafted in superstar mode

Lol you got to love ea sports logic why draft some one who's played 4 years in college let's just Draft that dude that's buying peanuts
Old 09-13-2011, 03:51 AM   #3
MVP

RaiderKtulu's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: I find it unbelievably dumb that you can't get drafted in superstar mode

You know what's even dumber? Playing 4 seasons in NCAA to import a player into *this* season in Madden. Imported NCAA players should start in 2015.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:03 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaiderKtulu
You know what's even dumber? Playing 4 seasons in NCAA to import a player into *this* season in Madden. Imported NCAA players should start in 2015.
When i was importing my player, i was wondering about the same thing.
Old 09-13-2011, 08:20 AM   #5
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Then people would be crying about how either the teams are identical after 4 years, or that the teams have lost so and so players over the year and isn't fair. Plus, knowing EA's logic, you'd get drafted by the Packers who have Rodgers, Brees, Manning on their roster after 4 years and you'd be 50 ovr and starting QB.

You could always make a roster from 4 years ago for NCAA and play through as if you were in the 2010 class. Heck, my QB played with generated names so it didn't matter at all.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-13-2011, 02:59 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
I get that technically this is unrealistic. But it's just a game - the point is to create a guy in one game and bridge it over to the pro version. 99.99% of the people would complain about this, guaranteed!

What's REALLY dumb is creating yourself and thinking you'd have even a remote chance of starting at a big time NCAA school, let alone getting drafted by an NFL team!
Old 09-13-2011, 04:13 PM   #7
MVP

d11king's Arena

OVR: 13

actually the dumbest thing has to be the fact that no matter what rating you start off as, you're #1 on the depth chart which is the only reason i can't play this. if i import a CB from NCAA and he turns out to be a 78 and i get drafted by the Eagles, there is no way in hell, I'm starting over Asomugha, RC and Samuel.
Old 09-13-2011, 04:25 PM   #8
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by d11king
actually the dumbest thing has to be the fact that no matter what rating you start off as, you're #1 on the depth chart which is the only reason i can't play this. if i import a CB from NCAA and he turns out to be a 78 and i get drafted by the Eagles, there is no way in hell, I'm starting over Asomugha, RC and Samuel.
The point is just to get your guy in the game... pretty sure I would NOT want to just sit and watch the CPU play as my guy sat on the bench. What's the fun in that?

But we're each allowed to play the games for different reasons, and there's nothing wrong with any approach.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »