Home

Option to play games "out of order" within each week in offline multi-player franchis

This is a discussion on Option to play games "out of order" within each week in offline multi-player franchis within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2011, 08:35 AM   #1
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

OVR: 42
Option to play games "out of order" within each week in offline multi-player franchis

I just seen this thread on another forum and felt it needed to get put over here on this site..

I run a 6 man offline franchise and everyone works so its hard for some people to come play there games on time and it would be great if they bought this old feature back where your able to skip around games in the same week without there game getting automatically simmed so people can play there game without having to wait on someone thats not gonna make it over to play there game on time.

The crazy thing is you can manually sim a game at a later time and it won't skip the game before it.. Don't know why they took this feature away but it would be much appreciated by me and I'm sure a bunch of other people who have offline franchises going on with there friends..

Last edited by Jarodd21; 01-28-2011 at 09:39 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 08:44 AM   #2
Pro

rooney8's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Option to play games "out of order" within each week in offline multi-player fran

I think it was because the halftime show needed the previous games simmed to have something to talk about. Or maybe it was done to try and boost numbers for online franchise. So frustrating when something is removed that was very useful to people. This really killed multi-player offline franchise for me. Just made things too hard that people would lose interest.
If your doing it with six people who don't live together you should figure out how to upload the franchise file and email it aroud to keep things moving.

Old 01-28-2011, 08:53 AM   #3
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Option to play games "out of order" within each week in offline multi-player fran

This is a great suggestion. I would add the ability to play any game of any week if possible. When I played in online leagues, we always had a guy or two that would be online, looking for games almost every night. Then there was one or two that had very specific days and times they could play. Those guys would line up 3-4 of their opponents and play them all back to back.

That flexability made it alot easier to keep guys in the league without having to sim half of their games.

One other sussegtion I would have for online franchise is to add the ability to allow players to use cpu teams or other gamers teams at times. Online gamers enjoy playing other people more than the cpu. In my old leagues, we never liked to sim games. If players were unable to get the games in, the commish assigned another human "sub" player for that game. It kept the leagues moving without giving guys a "gimme game versus the cpu.
Old 01-28-2011, 08:55 AM   #4
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

No none of us live together and some of them don't have a PS3. I mean we still get it done but it would be alot easier if we can skip around.. This feature needs to come back. But like I said they let you manually sim a later game and it won't skip none of the earlier games but as soon as you try to play a later game it skips every game in front of it..
Old 01-28-2011, 02:10 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
No none of us live together and some of them don't have a PS3. I mean we still get it done but it would be alot easier if we can skip around.. This feature needs to come back. But like I said they let you manually sim a later game and it won't skip none of the earlier games but as soon as you try to play a later game it skips every game in front of it..
I hope they do this as well. Ncaa lets you do it. The only downside to that is you have to play all the human games regardless of time before the non-user games are simmed. But is a much better option than Madden.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2011, 02:20 PM   #6
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by fistofrage
I hope they do this as well. Ncaa lets you do it. The only downside to that is you have to play all the human games regardless of time before the non-user games are simmed. But is a much better option than Madden.
Yea that is better then Madden.. Do they at least let you manually sim the non-user games?
Old 01-28-2011, 02:47 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jarodd21
Yea that is better then Madden.. Do they at least let you manually sim the non-user games?
I think so, but it was even better on the PS2. On the PS2, the scores of the simmed games woul be running accross the bottom during the real games. And games played at the same time would show real time scores. So like the last week of the season, you could be tied for the conference lead and the team you were tied with was playing at the same time and it would flash up a 2nd quarter score. Added a bit of drama.
Old 01-29-2011, 02:52 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

Jarodd21's Arena

Somebody just told me on the EA forum that Ian mentioned something about this because they have there little office franchise going on and it be slowing them down too waiting on people.. So hopefully they do address this for 12.. Would be much appreciated for us multi-player offline USERs..

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »