Home

Step by step instructions to create injuries!

This is a discussion on Step by step instructions to create injuries! within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 01:02 PM   #1
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

OVR: 20
Step by step instructions to create injuries!

Since there are IMO and many others, far too many injuries in this game for simmed games, and way too severe as well(alot of starting QBs going down as well). I thought of a good way to fix this but still have injuries in your franchise. First you MUST be controlling all 32 teams: This could be added to M2H's 32 team handbook as well.

Step one- For each team after each week, go to random.org to pick a random number (1-100). If the number lands 1-30, that team receives no injuries for the week. 31-100, they do. Reason for the 70/30 split is because on average teams have 2-3 injuries per week.

Step two- There are 21 positions on the team, if the team is receiving an injury, again use random.org for a number 1-21. Say it is the #4 for example, that would be the WR position. Now positions such as the kicker/punter where injuries are rare you could leave out and only do 1-19, or you could have it where it would have to pick the #'s 20 and 21 twice in a row or something(up to you).

Step three- The team as 6 WRs on it's rosters, random.org(1-6). It chooses 4, so the #4 WR on the depth chart is now injured.

Step four- Now decide with random.org how long the player will be injured. Since most injuries IRL aren't season ending, the system I'm going with is random.org again(1-100 scale). Here is my system of length of injuries:

1-2 weeks- #s 1-85
3-6 weeks- #s 86-90
7-11 weeks- #s 91-96
Out for season- #s 97-100

Step five- After WR #4 is determined to be out for example, 1-2 weeks. You random.org 1-2 and find out. It determines it to be 2 weeks.

Step six- Since we cannot create injuries like we can on MLB The Show, go to the depth chart instead, and place this WR at the very bottom of the depth chart. Now granted, I know it's not perfect because he will possibly still play on special teams, but being placed at WR #6 on the depth chart will not allow him to see playing time on the field on offense.

WRs, TEs, LBs, DBs, etc are positions we can't control with depth cuz of special teams. The system I have isn't perfect but it's much better than seeing 3/4ths of the leagues starting QBs out for a significant amounts of time during the season.

If QB #2 is injured with this system, then put him at QB #3 on the depth chart and pretend he was hurt in practice or something. I personally won't worry about "injuring" backups since I have injuries off in my chise anyway so there's no point. The only backups I will injure are WRs and CBs because more than 1 play in the game at any given moment.

Now obviously you'll have to create a chart(I did this on Microsoft Word; see post #6) of injured players and how long they are out for to keep track, so you can place them back on the depth chart correctly when "not injured". Again, it's not perfect guys I know, but imo it's better than what we got out of the box with the injuries. Just figured I'd share, if no one likes the ideas thats fine too but I'm sure a couple prolly will, and may be able to help make it better and more effiecient!

EDIT: If a starting position is injured, then that team has the chance now to have another player injured. I do random.org (1-100) again, and if it lands on a # 1-50, then I start the process over against starting at step #2.

If again, a starting position is injured(will be rare to land on starting position twice), I do random.org(1-100) once again, and this time if it lands on a # 1-40 then ANOTHER player can get injured, again repeat process starting at step #2. If it hapens again then you get the point (1-100; 1-30 this time is a player can be injured and so on). Most likely I've found that only one player will be injured. Only once have I seen two players injured for a team in one week.

Last edited by DarthRambo; 09-16-2011 at 11:29 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 02:40 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 7
Re: Step by step instructions to create injuries!

we did something like this for drug testing in our last franchise.
Old 09-15-2011, 06:09 PM   #3
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by blocknose
we did something like this for drug testing in our last franchise.

lol...so you "suspended" guys?
Old 09-15-2011, 06:15 PM   #4
Banned

OVR: 17

Wow.... Thanks
Old 09-15-2011, 06:19 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 7

yep we set a number for each owner and if that number came up the guy failed a drug test and was suspended for 4 weeks. we also did another number that was for holdouts at the begining of the year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 11:19 AM   #6
MVP

DarthRambo's Arena

Injuries (thru week 2)fficeffice" />>>
> >
Bears- WR R. Williams (2 weeks); >>
Bengals- FS R. Nelson (1 week); >>
Bills- FS J. Byrd (6 weeks); >>
Broncos- >>
Browns- RT M. Henderson (2 weeks); >>
Buccaneers- C J. Faine (2 weeks); >>
Cardinals->>
Chargers- C N. Hardwick (2 weeks); >>
Chiefs- DT K. Gregg (10 weeks); >>
Colts- RT J. St. Clair (2 weeks);>>
Cowboys- >>
Dolphins->>
Eagles->>
Falcons- >>
49ers- FS D. Goldson (8 weeks); >>
Giants->>
Jaguars->>
Jets->>
Lions->>
Packers->>
Panthers- LT J. Gross (IR); >>
Patriots->>
Raiders- SS T. Branch (3 weeks); CB C. Johnson (1 week); >>
Rams- FB B. Miller (2 weeks); >>
Ravens- FB V. Leach (1 week); ROLB T. Suggs (6 weeks); RG M. Yanda (1 week); >>
Redskins- QB R. Grossman (10 weeks);>>
Saints- >>
Seahawks- >>
Steelers- RT W. Colon (6 weeks);>>
Texans->>
Titans- RB C. Johnson (2 weeks); >>
Vikings- TE V. Shiancoe (2 weeks); >>

So far, these are my injuries through 2 weeks. I have done some changing to the rules but not much. If a team has an injury, they have a chance to have another for the week. I random.org 1-100, and 1-50 is another injury. If I end up injuring another player, they have a chance to get another injury (1-100); this time, a # 1-40 means yes again. Ravens this week suffered two injuries, one being T. Suggs for 6 weeks. It's alot of fun doing it this way, and don't see stupid amount of injuries now! J. Gross from Panthers is out for the season now too haha! Sucks for them

I only "injure" players who are #1 in the depth chart, unless it's a WR, or CB.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »