Home

Jason Witten

This is a discussion on Jason Witten within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-15-2011, 10:52 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Jason Witten

My Cowboy Bros, Were you at?

I have been playing Madden the last couple years and have had more success then failure with the Boys. But sense Jason Witten is slow I haven't really given him the plays he deserves. LOOK! This team has been loaded with speed the last couple years and I really didn't need him. I know that sounds blasphemous but I was the kinda player that liked to play the spread and put more speed on the field. Maybe that was holding me back, Maybe not. Well as you already know, speed is not the biggest factor anymore. So I want to find some plays for him, but I don't know how to use him.

But my question is... How do you use him? What kind of formations? Do you think he is hard to get open being so slow? Do you send him out of the backfield? Do you send him deep? Do you come out in running formations and then send him on a short curl? And have you had success against Real people that you thought were good? I think this thread can help REAL Cowboys fans and make some interesting discussion about one of the best tight ends in the history of the game.

Note! I have not totally ignored him, so I have some experience using him, but I haven't game planned with him, so don't think you have to tell me all his ratings, I know them.

And as always, any Cowboys users that are competitive and want to rep the STAR on Team Play, DM your Xbox GT and maybe we can figure something out. I always wanted to get some TRUE Cowboys fans that were extremely competitive and kick some ***. Now let me know, I know there's thousands of you out there. There called Americas Team! Peace! Go Cowboys!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 10:56 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 17
Re: Jason Witten

I am not a Cowboys fans but I have an idea for formations. I suggest to use Shotgun a lot. Make them stretch the field with him. He's not big and burley. He can get extra yards. Short passes are my best suggestion.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:03 PM   #3
Rookie

When I try short passes like little curls or something, I tend to throw picks. I neglected shotgun last year and played the under center spread. He does fall forward from what I remember.

I need to get into practice mode and play more. I just got the game 3 days ago and know I need to have him in my game plan because I'm a stubborn old school dude that won't play with any other team.

I will try out shotgun for sure. Thanks bro
Old 09-15-2011, 11:09 PM   #4
Banned

No prob man, Another suggestion is go under the center and throw where he goes up field then makes a sharp turn to the left or right! Those worked great when I play with Olsen. ( Online Franchise )
Old 09-15-2011, 11:10 PM   #5
Banned

bingo911's Arena

OVR: 12

i just started a chise with the cowboys yesterday. i find that when Dez is going on a streak or some other deep route, if you send witten on a slant to the direction dez is lined up, you can get some money yards. especially if its man coverage.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-15-2011, 11:15 PM   #6
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by pandawinner1972 2
No prob man, Another suggestion is go under the center and throw where he goes up field then makes a sharp turn to the left or right! Those worked great when I play with Olsen. ( Online Franchise )
Are you talkin quick passes and short routes? Or medium to long routes? Because hes slow, It takes forever. I will definitely give it a look dude.
Old 09-15-2011, 11:18 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo911
i just started a chise with the cowboys yesterday. i find that when Dez is going on a streak or some other deep route, if you send witten on a slant to the direction dez is lined up, you can get some money yards. especially if its man coverage.
Ya that makes sense against man, a good user would swipe in after a while and nab me though, lol. What about two or three tight end sets? Do you have any luck throwing out of that, to TEs? What kind of routes are they? Short, Medium, Long? Thanks bro
Old 09-15-2011, 11:19 PM   #8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by gccosph
Are you talkin quick passes and short routes? Or medium to long routes? Because hes slow, It takes forever. I will definitely give it a look dude.
Hehe what's his speed? Olsen's is either 86 or 88 which makes him quick. I'm not talking about quick passes, Since I don't play as the Cowboys I dont know their playbook enough. There's a few... Hmm.... I wish I remembered them. Your best way is to go to practice and just throw to Witten on tons of plays, good luck.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »