Home

Would switching your #1 WR (ie Andre Johns) to #3 slot be cheese?

This is a discussion on Would switching your #1 WR (ie Andre Johns) to #3 slot be cheese? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-16-2011, 01:29 AM   #9
Rookie

imskykid's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Would switching your #1 WR (ie Andre Johns) to #3 slot be cheese?

On a more constructive note, there are some playbooks (Cowboys I know for sure) that have formations that put the #1 in the slot without someone having to cheese and move him on the depth chart. IRL The Cowboys will play Miles Austin in the slot in certain formations.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:33 AM   #10
Pro

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
Who the heck is Andre Johns?
You never heard of him, he's like the best along with Calvin Johns.
Old 09-16-2011, 01:39 AM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 2

Its called football. Every OC tries to get favorable matchup for his WR or RB. Thats why they run motions and shifts to try to confuse the defense and get a LB trying to cover a WR in space. Cheese in a video game or just trying to simulate REAL NFL football? I say its the latter.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 02:24 AM   #12
All Star

schnaidt1's Arena

OVR: 23

i dont understand this.....my number 1 wr is 1 on my depth chart and after 1 season had 70 catches. my 2 and 3 wr were both 25 catches below him...

i dont find throwing to slot easier at all. just gotta pick plays for gameflow that move him all over the field
Old 09-16-2011, 02:41 AM   #13
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Depends I mean there are plays in playbooks where te best WR does line up in slot, but that's like 3 wide and what not. I no longer have this problem with games any more, I mean heck my #1 guy is Colston who is kinda slow in Madden and I out up great stats with him as my #1 guy
Old 09-16-2011, 03:05 AM   #14
Rookie

pendo's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by mixxx01
Its called football. Every OC tries to get favorable matchup for his WR or RB. Thats why they run motions and shifts to try to confuse the defense and get a LB trying to cover a WR in space. Cheese in a video game or just trying to simulate REAL NFL football? I say its the latter.
Yeah, but unfortunately the game isn't RL. As it has been said, having decent speed at the no.3 WR spot = That guy can easily get over 150 yards in the game with Darelle Revis on him. It is a problem with the AI, the no.3 receiver is unstoppable if you just run slants in or out, or you have the outside guy on a curl and have him go deep. For some reason the game just gets owned by him.

Last edited by pendo; 09-16-2011 at 05:31 AM.
Old 09-16-2011, 03:59 AM   #15
Rookie

MaddenFanPS3's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by imskykid
Who the heck is Andre Johns?
Quote:
Originally Posted by speedy9386
You never heard of him, he's like the best along with Calvin Johns.
Yea, he gets drafted early in fantasy leagues after Chris Johns. There's also this WR on the bills named Steve Johns that's pretty good.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-16-2011, 04:16 AM   #16
Banned

OVR: 11

I knew it didn't feel right leading the league in receptions and receiving yards with Michael Crabtree.

I line him up in the slot in twin sets and 3-4 receiver sets... Not for cheese, but because that's what his skillset is. He's essentially my version of wes Welker.

But yes, he dominates on slants, drags, and outs. Against human opponents, you can simply do defensive matchups and such. The AI won't do that.

Although depending on the team I am playing, Crabtree can be shut down. I had a couple "2 catches for 20 yards" games with Crabtree. But not many. I still put up 1800 yards and 9 TD's with him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »