Home

We need to have the option for inactives

This is a discussion on We need to have the option for inactives within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-20-2011, 01:02 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 5
Re: We need to have the option for inactives

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd369
I just looked it up, I guess in madden its not the same as real life cause you get all 53 guys when you are only supposed to have 45. and you cant put a guy on IR unless you know he is gonna be out till after the playoffs, or if he just sucks. who would put a start player on IR if they were gonna miss the rest of the regular season but make it back for playoff time. guess Im gonna have to cut some linemen or something so I can get a new safety. I would still rather have the 45 man and 8 inactives in the game, but I dont think we are ever going to get a legit true to life football game out of EA.
Even if we had 45 man active and an inactive list, this still wouldn't help you. The inactive list STILL takes up a roster spot. An inactive list doesn't open up roster spots for you to fill. You only get so many roster spots, some would be active, others would be inactive. If you want to sign a new Safety, you would still have to put someone on IR or release someone, even with an inactive, active list.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:03 PM   #18
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfindeisen
The problem lies in the fact that Madden requires minimums at every position, so you often have rosters with incorrect players/positions because you're forced to keep a certain amount of players at each position, unlike in the real NFL where many 3-4 teams only care 2 DT's for instance, or many teams carrying only 9 OL. I often have to cut/release players that I want to keep (that are actually on the team IRL) because the game forces me to keep extra lineman, etc.
And this is why EA gives us 55 man rosters instead of 53 man rosters. That gives us two roster spots to make up for the minimums requirements.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:04 PM   #19
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by truffleshuffle
All I needed was one player So yes they do that in real life they until this year would deactitvate the third stringer Qb which would free up one spot. I have never seen in real life where a player with a very minor injury would be placed on IR to just to fill a roster spot. They don;t have a minor league but they do have a practice squad that they could use a player from there to cover until that injured player was back.
No, they wouldn't deactivate the the 3rd QB, they would have to release him to free agency. And go the season with only two QB's.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:33 PM   #20
Pro

bfindeisen's Arena

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bucky60
And this is why EA gives us 55 man rosters instead of 53 man rosters. That gives us two roster spots to make up for the minimums requirements.
Hmm...that didn't occur to me. I guess I'm having these issues because I like to play the games like real life, with accurate injuries, etc...and because you can't manually set injuries, I can't put the proper players on IR and they take up roster space.

I'd love it if they added the ability to manually edit injuries like they did in MLB: The Show, but I guess that's nitpicking at this point.
Old 09-20-2011, 04:43 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 4

Quote:
I dont need 3 active qb's and when I have my safety go down and I only have his backup left then who do I sub in if the backup gets hurt. I need to be able to inactive the 3rd qb or the 5th/6th wr so I can sign a safety to back up the backup until my start is healthy.
You do realize that we have 53 man rosters in madden right? And you do realize that giving us 'inactives' would mean that we could only use 48 of them on gameday as apposed to the 53 that madden uses.

You clearly dont have an understanding of the NFL rosters or gameday rosters
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-20-2011, 08:41 PM   #22
Banned

jd369's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlukes
You do realize that we have 53 man rosters in madden right? And you do realize that giving us 'inactives' would mean that we could only use 48 of them on gameday as apposed to the 53 that madden uses.

You clearly dont have an understanding of the NFL rosters or gameday rosters
didnt know that until yesterday. why would madden put something in that wasnt real life? doesnt make any sense.
Old 09-20-2011, 09:01 PM   #23
MVP

mestevo's Arena

OVR: 33
Quote:
didnt know that until yesterday. why would madden put something in that wasnt real life? doesnt make any sense.
They didn't put in anything, there just isn't a mechanism to deactivate players on gameday.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »