Home

Willis or Beason?

This is a discussion on Willis or Beason? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2011, 11:05 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 5
Re: Willis or Beason?

Lol CatMan. I don't watch either player so I don't know. It seems Willis is a more traditional linebacker in size and extraordinary with his athletic ability at his position. The Panthers utilize a faster linebackers to play zone, which is why Beason and Thomas Davis work in their system. I guess it depends on how you play defense, but I think Willis would be successful no matter what.
Old 09-21-2011, 11:20 PM   #10
Pro

OVR: 7

They both play in 2 different type of defensive schemes...id say they are evenly matched on the field but Willis may have more physical upside being 6 3 vs 5 11 like Beason...I like both but I like Beason more b/c Im a U fan
Old 09-21-2011, 11:31 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 4

either will do
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 12:30 AM   #12
Rookie

OVR: 9

Willis...period.
Old 09-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 1

You can't go wrong with either. Willis is better athletically and rushing the passer/getting off blocks. Beason excels in coverage and reading plays. I've used both and I find Beason to have a slightly bigger impact against the All-Madden bs. Asumming you don't control him I find he gets in position and is able to make plays and read the offense well. Beason also has the ability to progresses to 99 after the first season if he has a good year.
Old 09-22-2011, 01:24 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteboSSK
They both play in 2 different type of defensive schemes...id say they are evenly matched on the field but Willis may have more physical upside being 6 3 vs 5 11 like Beason...I like both but I like Beason more b/c Im a U fan
Beason's not 5'11".
Old 09-22-2011, 04:09 AM   #15
Banned

OVR: 3

I'd say beason is better than willis, but urlacher is better than both. Just about as athletic as both and has WAY BETTER zone and man coverage....

If you're running a 3-4 I'd go BEASTon and urlacher, if you're running a 4-3, I'd go willis(because he's a 90 speed and would have to cover more ground) though urlacher would be my personal choice no matter what as I am a bears fan....
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 05:26 AM   #16
Rookie

petersondagreat's Arena

OVR: 6

Willis is widely known as the Best LB in the league. The guy is a freak so I would def go with P Dub

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »