Home

Presentation.

This is a discussion on Presentation. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-22-2011, 01:16 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
Presentation.

Sucks in this game, it's horrible! The authentic entrances are all stale and end up with the same two players being announced as they run thru a row of cheerleaders every single game. The same two players on offense & defense get highlighted every game. The same stat overlays get displayed at the same time every game.

How does Dansby, Middle linebacker of the Dolphins, get highlighted as a key player when he's NOT EVEN PLAYING? He's hurt & has been hurt for a few games in my franchise. This Madden is great, better then 11 but that's not saying much, considering Madden 11 was horrible.

EA Sports had the potential to be the best gaming company ever but chooses to give us watered down, lazy versions of Madden each and every year! I'm tired of it!

Sent from my PC36100 using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 01:47 AM   #2
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27
Re: Presentation.

Old 09-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #3
Banned

The Duke's Arena

OVR: 2

haha. but didnt they do a great job of hyping it up? and we all swallowed it up like morons.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:09 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I think there may be a simple fix to one of those problems.

I was playing as the Bears and wanted to see what happened if I traded away Urlacher, so first, I traded him for Ray Lewis, thinking Ray might do his thing in the intro... Well, if sure didn't, he was simply my 'middle linebacker' and just did what Lach used to. But on the plus, they still talked about Ray on the starting line up screen. Not bad.

Next, I traded Urlacher for Casey Matthews. I still got the stupid intro with him as my 'middle linebacker', but on the starters screen, they talked about Lance Briggs this time. And i'm betting if I traded Briggs as well, they'd talk about Peppers. There are 2 problems here, one can be fixed with a patch, I believe. They always spotlight the same guy in the line up, even though there is very cool stuff said about other guys, that likely, we will never hear because they only play the same one over and over. They need to be able to change it up, recognize when there are multiple players with spotlights, and cycle through them. Second, there are way way way too few players with spotlight commentary to begin with, so hiding several on each team is a rip off. The Bucs, who I've been playing with, have nobody highlighted on defense. I figured Ronde Barber, or at least Talib... but no. And some teams have 3 or 4, but they only ever talk about 1.

Pretty stupid if you ask me.

That all being said, this is one of the things I was asking for in this years game, and they did put it in... Even if it's a shadow of what it should be.
Old 09-22-2011, 07:20 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4

agreed. i couldn't even make it through all 32 team intros. they are all the same, with the exception of ray ray doing the dance, but he retires after one year, so even that is worthless. *sniff sniff* 2k? 2k? Where are you?

hint to EA, play NBA 2K. then take notes. then apply to madden.

you guys seem to want to be great, just commit to what needs fixed already. do you really think we care about 3d grass as much as feeling like we are watching an actual NFL broadcast? don't get me wrong, i appreciate this game and in my opinion the game play itself is the best its ever been...and i will pour hours upon hours of time into this...but stop letting us down with broken promises year after year.

i feel like you are just blatantly hurling tomatoes at our faces at this point...

...and enter emoticon now...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 09:25 AM   #6
Banned

OVR: 10

Give EA a little credit for what they did. Its better than any version of madden this gen, but they lack immersion with there game. The intros get stale after 5 games and the lack of any halftime, post game show is inexcusable at this point in gaming. NFL2k5 is still on top with it's integration of ESPN presentation of any sports game. NBA2k or MLB the SHOW hasn't come as close yet either. Madden needs to focus on real broadcast presentation and not just intros and camera angles. Look at MLB2k11 and NBA2K11 presentation package and see the immersion each game gives. Both games aren't perfect for sure, but they have the best package of presentation this gen of consoles. Madden needs to really upgrade it's presentation package along with it's commentary too go along with it. Until then Madden will never get ahead of NFL2k5 shadow
Old 09-22-2011, 10:33 AM   #7
Mo
SSN

Mo's Arena

OVR: 39

Please use the Impressions Thread.

Closed
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »