Home

You CAN make these throws with Madden.

This is a discussion on You CAN make these throws with Madden. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2011, 10:21 AM   #1
MVP

OVR: 9
You CAN make these throws with Madden.

Played as the Cards vs the Panthers last night and was reminded of threads about how unrealistic passing is and how you can't make certain throws. Well I did it last night with two different recievers. Fitzgerald (not surprising) and Stuckey (very suprising).

One was a bomb to Fitz...where the QB (not me) throught he ball behind him so he could shield the ball from the DB. Another to Fitz in the endzone on a fade, where again it was thrown to his outside shoulder (not by me..game did it itself) away from the DB. Now you may be saying well Fitz's ratings in the game probably determined that.

But Stucky is pretty low (70;s I think). I was able to user control a pass over the middle where as i saw the LB getting read to jump the route I threw it behind him and he twisted and caught the ball. Then on a flag pattern, with the Defender behind him I was able to throw it short so that he could comeback a bit and shield the defender.

I was totally impressed by this and the games enjoyment level has gone up a few pegs from an already decent level. You CAN make those throws.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2011, 03:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: You CAN make these throws with Madden.

People who say you can't are likely not practicing using lead pass features enough. I've been passing 60+% vs users on All-Madden. The game doesn't cheat nearly as much as people would like you to believe.
Old 09-22-2011, 04:23 PM   #3
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

Try to throw an NFL-caliber seam route. If one of you can get that on video, then I'll believe that it's a matter of "practice". Plus, the CPU doesn't make these throws that you speak of which is my big beef with the passing game.

The intermediate passing game is terrible and just because every once in a blue moon there is something that resembles a good real world pass doesn't make up for the vast majority of the time that it's not.
Old 09-23-2011, 05:09 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0

I'm able to hit the seam route quite often with Vernon Davis of the 49ers.

However, I get picked a lot by MLBs with Randy Moss-level jumping skills. I have yet to get the right amount of touch.

I know when you throw a pass, it's pressure sensitive. But are there varying degrees of how hard a pass is thrown? Or is it just, a touch/lob pass OR a bullet?
Old 09-23-2011, 05:11 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 1

I know the Xbox360 (unsure for ps3) has digital buttons except for the triggers. So rather than pressure, it likely uses the length of time you're pressing the receiver button for. I'm pretty sure the ps2 had pressure sensitive buttons, it's one of my gripes with 360. Especially for sports games.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 01:40 AM   #6
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamwubbie
I know when you throw a pass, it's pressure sensitive. But are there varying degrees of how hard a pass is thrown? Or is it just, a touch/lob pass OR a bullet?

There's definitely a level between lob and bullet. In fact, I rarely use the bullet throw because it takes more time for the QB to get rid of the ball. I hit lots of curls and outs using this in-between bullet/lob.
Old 09-24-2011, 06:57 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 23

Sorry, but until I see video evidence, I can't take your word for it...

I believe my thread is the one your referring to...

--->>> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...se-throws.html <<<---

The one that I love is the Rodgers backshoulder throw to Jennings... I know you said the CPU made a throw like this in your game, however, I HIGHLY DOUBT it looked ANYTHING like this... I'd be willing to bet, it was more of a "bad throw" to a good WR vs a bad CB than it was a "good throw" to the backshoulder of the WR...

Again, I've played Madden forever, I "practice" allot and play tons of online ranked and Online Franchise games and I'm here to tell you, you simply CAN NOT make those throws (see link) in Madden...

psn - CeeGee
Old 09-24-2011, 11:01 AM   #8
Rookie

MrPolo7's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgalligan
Sorry, but until I see video evidence, I can't take your word for it...

I believe my thread is the one your referring to...

--->>> http://www.operationsports.com/forum...se-throws.html <<<---

The one that I love is the Rodgers backshoulder throw to Jennings... I know you said the CPU made a throw like this in your game, however, I HIGHLY DOUBT it looked ANYTHING like this... I'd be willing to bet, it was more of a "bad throw" to a good WR vs a bad CB than it was a "good throw" to the backshoulder of the WR...

Again, I've played Madden forever, I "practice" allot and play tons of online ranked and Online Franchise games and I'm here to tell you, you simply CAN NOT make those throws (see link) in Madden...
I'm not sure what you're talking about with the pass to Welker, looks to me like it was a simple lob over the defenders whom Welker had beaten, Welker was just running a streak...you telling me you can't hit players on a streak in Madden?! I sure can...

The problem with the Rodgers pass IMO is not our ability to place the pass, you can using the left trigger put a pass in the spot, but there is no receiver animation for it. The animations for catching the ball as a receiver in this game are atrocious, and had you made that pass in MAdden, if the receiver even went for the catch (probably wouldn't even try for it) he would have tried to turn half sideways and do something stupid.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »