Home

What's your Scouting/Draft Strategy?

This is a discussion on What's your Scouting/Draft Strategy? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 09:41 AM   #9
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: What's your Scouting/Draft Strategy?

I scout and draft for need, and only adjust that strategy if a prodigious talent falls to me in the draft. Or if one of my old NCAA team's guys tugs at my heartstrings and is still on the Board.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:04 AM   #10
Rookie

Not sure if it's a cheat, but in the in-season scouting, you can sort the list by player potential. You can't see the potential, but you can sort by it so know the top players.
Of course on it's own that's no good - high potential but low ratings = a player who won't be any good until long after you have stopped running your franchise.
Old 10-03-2011, 06:39 PM   #11
Pro

timmuh1515's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieh
Not sure if it's a cheat, but in the in-season scouting, you can sort the list by player potential. You can't see the potential, but you can sort by it so know the top players.
Of course on it's own that's no good - high potential but low ratings = a player who won't be any good until long after you have stopped running your franchise.
It's definitely a cheat...but at the same time i do a lot of draft pick trading for future picks (which is also really a cheat since the CPU doesn't value future picks at all).

It's your game...so you do whatever you want
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 07:45 AM   #12
Rookie

JimmyT85's Arena

OVR: 2

I also scouted for need my first time round.

Being the Skins, I wanted to draft some better players for my OL, and I wanted to draft a good WR.

I was pretty happy with my first draft.

After scouting, I noticed that the players I wanted to take were mostly mid-round picks.

Here's how my first draft went:
1st Round - CB - 69 OVR - C pot - Didn't turn out aswell as I'd hoped. He's VERY quick though so he can keep up with the fastest WR's in the league.
2nd round (a) - RT - 79 OVR - B pot - Much better outcome
2nd round (b) - WR - 83 OVR - B pot - I love this guy!
3rd round - RG - 83 OVR - A pot - Very pleased with this!
4th round (a) - C - 82 OVR - B pot - Again, very happy!
4th round (b) - QB - 75 OVR - B pot - Looks like he has the makings of a solid QB. Has great arm strength.
5th round - LT - 69 OVR - D pot - Not too surprised really.
6th round - MLB - 65 OVR - C pot - Plays better than his OVR suggests.
7th round - DE - 55 OVR - D pot - Not the best OVR, but has monster strength.
Old 10-07-2011, 07:52 AM   #13
Banned

Cre8's Arena

OVR: 9

Size - No matter the fact that size means nothing in Madden, I like to make sure that whoever I scout fits the position in my eyes.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:12 PM   #14
Rookie

Cruiser006's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richieh
How do you sort the arrow? In other words, should the sort arrow be pointed down or up? Silly question I know...any clarification would be helpful.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:18 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruiser006
How do you sort the arrow? In other words, should the sort arrow be pointed down or up? Silly question I know...any clarification would be helpful.
I can never remember! When you have the high potential guys at the top though, you'll see a lot of early round picks, and with the low potentail guys it's mainly U/Ds and 7s.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »