Home

Open field tackle challenge.

This is a discussion on Open field tackle challenge. within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2011, 02:03 PM   #9
MVP

jack1535's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Open field tackle challenge.

I have broken tackles set to 15 and I have no problem with open field tackles.
Old 09-24-2011, 02:53 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Lower the cpu broken tackle slider to 0 and that will help. I play with it at 0 and you will still see broken tackles, but nothing crazy.
I have mine at 25 but my tackle slider is 45. Therefore it's not the issue that it was "out of the box". I think I'm still getting more than I should...but I'll play like this for a while and make note.

Quote:
Originally Posted by lisinas
If its not broken tackle its no one else but you who need to learn to tackle
I had this problem aswell, trying to big hit or trying to tackle player with the ball too early
You just have to tackle with A/X all the time aka just running into player with the ball , no sh1t with the stick or square .
Im sure you guys moaning about not being able to make an open field tackles are trying to big hit the player with the ball with right stick . (or square )
Well...let's see. I don't use the hit stick. I strafe. I run into the guy myself...sometimes I use the square button on ps3.....which I started doing when the regular "run into the guy" aka as " running into a brick wall" didn't work. Jury still out on how good the square is. Now you are making quite a claim here. That you have no trouble...I'm assuming you are on default sliders...probably all pro? Do me a favor, next game against a back that's at least decent (say 85-89)...count how many times he breaks the first guy's tackle. I'll bet it's almost every time....ergo...UNREALISTIC...and Conclusion:....you are having the same problem I'm having...it just doesn't bother you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jack1535
I have broken tackles set to 15 and I have no problem with open field tackles.

As above, mine on 25 with my tackle on 45 and I'm ok....

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-24-2011, 03:03 PM   #11
MVP

http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...s-2010-part-ii

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...jones-steelers

these two charts show essentially the same thing....and I believe makes my point (and makes me RIGHT....Nya nya nya nya nya nya...)

Just kidding folks....but really it shows that the BEST back broke 16% of his tackles...well that's less than 1 out of 5...maybe 1 of 6? So that he gets tackled the first time 5 out of 6 times. And that's the BEST! Also it said that they considered juke moves to be broken tackles as well. (Basically any time a defender had a play and DIdN'T make the tackle is was considered a broken tackle).

The average back was closer to 10% meaning that 90% of the time, or 9 of 10 times the back got tackled by the first guy to be in position to do so.

I'm SURE Madden is breaking more tackles than that!!!!! I'm going to check my next game...maybe btk at 0 for cpu is the solution. For those that just want it hard to tackle the cpu to make the game more challenging....MORE POWER TO YOU....but for me...I want my backs to reflect the stats in the link.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2011, 03:11 PM   #12
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Palmer
Okay, so this is continuing from a previous discussion? I may be a little in the dark then, but if it comes to one on one tackles, I still don't see a problem. Unless there's a scenario I'm missing. I've gotten players down one on one. I'll strafe and break down as I'm coming up.

Last year, you could cancel one on one. It was almost pre-determined that the CPU was going to juke, or hurdle if I tried to cut. I'm just not seeing the same issue in Madden 12.

Now I still may not be catching the context, but what I will say needs to be improved is that the CPU seems a little loose in their movements vs. when you are manually controlling a defender, the locomotion seems more weighted against your player. It's still not quite as balanced as I think it could be as far as matching a back's lateral movement. I am controlling a MLB, so I'm sure that's a factor, but if I'm going against a big back, he shouldn't be able to cut that sharply in the hole against the grain.

Once again, I still may not be getting it. I'd have to go dig through the discussion.
I agree my player seems slower in changing direction than the CPU. I would love it to be exact for both.
Old 09-24-2011, 03:26 PM   #13
MVP

Tyrant8RDFL's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by mjhyankees
http://www.footballoutsiders.com/sta...s-2010-part-ii

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...jones-steelers

these two charts show essentially the same thing....and I believe makes my point (and makes me RIGHT....Nya nya nya nya nya nya...)

Just kidding folks....but really it shows that the BEST back broke 16% of his tackles...well that's less than 1 out of 5...maybe 1 of 6? So that he gets tackled the first time 5 out of 6 times. And that's the BEST! Also it said that they considered juke moves to be broken tackles as well. (Basically any time a defender had a play and DIdN'T make the tackle is was considered a broken tackle).

The average back was closer to 10% meaning that 90% of the time, or 9 of 10 times the back got tackled by the first guy to be in position to do so.

I'm SURE Madden is breaking more tackles than that!!!!! I'm going to check my next game...maybe btk at 0 for cpu is the solution. For those that just want it hard to tackle the cpu to make the game more challenging....MORE POWER TO YOU....but for me...I want my backs to reflect the stats in the link.
What they are analyzing with the broken tackles from and what I' am looking at is two different prospective. I'am only speaking of the one on one on a island. which doesn't occur much in a NFL game.

I will say this again. The majority of the time the offensive player has the advantage, and will win the majority of the time.

I have my set where a QB can slip a tackle once in while. Where many have there set this will not occur, and that is a shame because QB's with their special ability can extend a play.

Many sets have it set in black and white, and now wow moments.

Now my set does not have it where every single time the player will break the one on one, but the more special a back is. The more important it is to get a second defender to the ball carrier, and it also takes into count the defender on the island.

My numbers will be based on the island and both player having a fair chance at each other.
Old 09-24-2011, 05:39 PM   #14
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyrant8RDFL
What they are analyzing with the broken tackles from and what I' am looking at is two different prospective. I'am only speaking of the one on one on a island. which doesn't occur much in a NFL game.

I will say this again. The majority of the time the offensive player has the advantage, and will win the majority of the time.

I have my set where a QB can slip a tackle once in while. Where many have there set this will not occur, and that is a shame because QB's with their special ability can extend a play.

Many sets have it set in black and white, and now wow moments.

Now my set does not have it where every single time the player will break the one on one, but the more special a back is. The more important it is to get a second defender to the ball carrier, and it also takes into count the defender on the island.

My numbers will be based on the island and both player having a fair chance at each other.

Huh...my problem also includes the tackles in traffic. It just seems that at default settings the cpu back blasted through DT's, LB's etc. like they were paper machet (sp?). I still think the open field would be the same UNLESS you are talking about a defender 5-10 yards from the ball carrier...yes then I could see where the offensive guy is at an advantage. I'm referring to just breaking or avoiding your routine tackles as well as those you mention. Again according to the stats it's not so often.

Old 09-25-2011, 04:01 PM   #15
MVP

Well watching the Giants Eagles game. I feel like I'm seeing what the stats I posted show. Most of the time the guy goes down the first time someone hits them. Bradshaw did break alot of tackles...probably in the 1 out of 4 or 5 the best backs showed in the stats. Most definately does NOT look like default madden with btk at 50.

I could not keep stats as I was doing chores with the wife while I was watching...but I saw pretty much the whole game. Anyone?

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 04:06 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 6

They don't break too many open field tackles on me unless I try to use the hit stick.
They usually go down in the open field. When there is a couple of guys around that is when they will break 1 or 2 tackles.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »