Home

What's your favorite commentary fail?

This is a discussion on What's your favorite commentary fail? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2011, 08:44 AM   #33
MVP

OVR: 9
Re: What's your favorite commentary fail?

there's a lot to choose from but too me...the most inane comment I've heard pops up usually late in the half or the game...

I punt and pin them deep...or maybe it even gets a touchback.
Gus says: "That will give the offense good field position". (????????) I had him say this when they started from the 11 once. He says it about me when i"m at the 20 all the time.

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-25-2011, 09:08 AM   #34
MVP

TMJOHNS18's Arena

OVR: 10

Hard to tell, biggest fail for me is either having commentary not turned off or not muting the game when it's on.
Old 09-25-2011, 11:05 AM   #35
Hall Of Fame

KBLover's Arena

OVR: 40

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMJOHNS18
Hard to tell, biggest fail for me is either having commentary not turned off or not muting the game when it's on.
I might have to turn it off. I love the commentary-less game in the demo.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2011, 11:44 AM   #36
Veteran

db56's Arena

OVR: 8

Why cant they give us fresh commentary? If Gus and Chris are too expensive, get somebody cheaper but this joke isnt funny anymore..

Here is a few

1. NaNaNaNaNaNa BATMAN!!
2. GET THIS MAN A NEW CONTRACT!!
3. HE'S GOT GETAWAY FROM THE COPS SPEED!!

Is it really that hard? Its been done before, How is it possible for commentary to get worse rather than better??
Old 09-25-2011, 11:54 AM   #37
Banned

OVR: 24

Really sad when the NHL series has had the same commentary for about three years.....

And it's still better than Madden's!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2011, 12:59 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Every game I have started with San Diego, the first few minutes is the exact same thing talking about shaun phillips blooming late in his career, and antonio gates about his injury problem. Every Game.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:06 PM   #39
Pro

OVR: 13

Yeah, I turned it off just recently. This has to be the worst commentary in a sports game I've ever heard.

Some of the worst ones:

- "No one's gunna catch him!!" - when I'm 2 yards past the line of scrimmage with two or three defenders in front of me waiting to make the tackle.

- There's a line that starts "And so far in this one..." and then ends "...so far in this one" One sentence. What a moron.

- Just the volume and voice inflection in general makes me think children are running the audio department. Some statements sound like he's in a studio, some sound like they recorded it on an iphone.
Old 09-25-2011, 01:07 PM   #40
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3

Season 4 of my Chargers 'chise and the announcer suddenly forgets Rivers' and VJ's names and now I'm getting the annoying generic intros each home game!

Argh.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »