Home

Funny story about getting Madden 12

This is a discussion on Funny story about getting Madden 12 within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2011, 09:35 AM   #1
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

OVR: 41
Funny story about getting Madden 12

I have been wanting to get Madden 12 since August 30th but, due to finances and being married I was unable to get it untill "approval" came through. Now here it September 21st and my wife gets here paycheck and says "you can get Madden if you find it used" I hopped onto gamestop.com and found it used at my local mall here in Toledo and we went there for dinner and Daddy's game. I go in and someone just tried to purchase the game so it wasn't out on the wall but, their credit card was declined and thus the game was mine!!! I was super pumped to get home and play the game after getting the kids to bed. Well here it is 9:30 and I am all ready to start a new dynasty and get my Madden on when I open the case to find NO GAME DISK!!!!!!!

I have won like 20 Super Bowls in Madden so I am kinda a big deal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 09:37 AM   #2
Banned

Old School SD Fan's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Funny story about getting Madden 12

You seriously give your wife control over your $40 purchasing decisions? Dude.
Old 09-23-2011, 10:26 AM   #3
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

Not normally but, we both had to cut back this past summer as I have switched jobs. Untill my store is built and I am getting my bonus checks it will be a pay cut. tack on top of that untill my location is built I am also driving about 1 hour one way every day or about 85 miles round trip income is down and cost are up. She got an unexpected bonus and spent it on me so I could get Madden. Soon enought though I will be in my new location making more $$ again and then I can get NBA 2k12

Old 09-23-2011, 10:31 AM   #4
MVP

OVR: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlstudios189
Not normally but, we both had to cut back this past summer as I have switched jobs. Untill my store is built and I am getting my bonus checks it will be a pay cut. tack on top of that untill my location is built I am also driving about 1 hour one way every day or about 85 miles round trip income is down and cost are up. She got an unexpected bonus and spent it on me so I could get Madden. Soon enought though I will be in my new location making more $$ again and then I can get NBA 2k12

I've been in this boat too. I can't tell my wife not too waste money on something like coloring her hair at the salon, and then go and buy a video game. Money is tight these days.
I got her the other day though. She wanted to spend money on something that I thought was a waste and when I objected she said "you spend money on madden to play online...." WRONG.....I have a PS3 and it's free!!! I threw right back in her face!!! Then she started on my new guitar......

If interested these are my Madden 12 sliders: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...dden-12-a.html
Old 09-23-2011, 11:52 AM   #5
Banned

kpkpkp's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old School SD Fan
You seriously give your wife control over your $40 purchasing decisions? Dude.

Beleive it or not Old School SD... for some people $40 is a big purchase.

As for the disc not being in there... big bummer OP. You'll also have to pay an extra $10 for a prime membership code. (to get updated rosters, etc.)

Really; in the future, to avoid this $10 fee you should just do the ToysRus pre-order deal they had for $45 brand new free shipping. (which is actually less than what you paid.) Keep an eye out for deals like that next year to save money. There are usually deals for Madden every year where you can get it brand new for cheaper than buying it used.

I know I have to look for deals like this since I dont have lots of extra disposable income. Not all of us make enough money to drop $60 on games whenever we want to... Unlike posters from San Diego apparently...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2011, 12:11 PM   #6
MVP

OVR: 22

Smh, if I was you, I would have cried. I remember when my mom bought me nba 2k11 for christmas, opened it on christmas day only to find out it wouldnt read, couldnt take it back on that day because gamestop isnt open on christmas, I got anothet copy the next day, I was still heated regardless.
Old 09-23-2011, 01:15 PM   #7
MVP

stlstudios189's Arena

Man I didn't think you needed the code for roster updates
Well I already bought it now maybe I will get lucky and the code works but, I doubt it.

Old 09-23-2011, 01:28 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 6

I hear ya, money is tight these days, untill I can get Madden 12 I was thinking about buying Madden 11 to hold me over just to have something to play other than Nfl2k5 with updated rosters. This would be the first time I would be buying a Madden game since 2005.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »