Home

Duped Again... Injuries Ruin Franchise Mode

This is a discussion on Duped Again... Injuries Ruin Franchise Mode within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2011, 01:19 AM   #9
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

OVR: 64
Re: Duped Again... Injuries Ruin Franchise Mode

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
Yeah, granted it probably looks ridiculous if you're looking at all NFL injuries at once. But you're right, it's actually pretty realistic when you think about it.

Well, I left pre-existing injuries on and started with the initial regular season rosters. Still, the injuries don't seem excessive to me at all. I had 2 guys on IR with preexiting injuries, didn't lose anybody in the preseason, and have lost 3 players to non-season ending injuries through 4 games of the regular season. Go to NFL.com and look at injury reports and team rosters and you'll see a lot of teams have multiple players on IR.
They Chiefs have lost 3 guys in 3 weeks to ACL injuries. The Jags have 8 guys in IR, the Texans 6, etc.

I am sorry but the "duped" again BS is pure hyperbole.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:20 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bkrich83
Where are you getting 56? I see a lot more than that.
This has two more weeks. IRL 70 players on IR through Week 4 (8 weeks of football) compared to 76 in Madden through PS (4 weeks of football).

h**p://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2011/injury?LEAGUE_ID=44692&WEEK=4&POSITION=*&TEAM=*&STATUS=IR&SORT=TEAM
Old 09-28-2011, 01:22 AM   #11
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLew
This has two more weeks. IRL 70 players on IR through Week 4 (8 weeks of football) compared to 76 in Madden through PS (4 weeks of football).

h**p://football23.myfantasyleague.com/2011/injury?LEAGUE_ID=44692&WEEK=4&POSITION=*&TEAM=*&STATUS=IR&SORT=TEAM
Whatever that URL is, it doesn't go anywhere.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 01:28 AM   #12
RKO!!

PantherBeast_OS's Arena

OVR: 53

Sorry but I have to disagree with the OP on this one. Look at all the injuries through 3 weeks of the NFL. The injuries in franchise mode is legit and real. I don't see nothing wrong with it to be honest.
Old 09-28-2011, 01:48 AM   #13
#BurghProud

BurghFan's Arena

OVR: 34

OK I just fired up Madden and checked a few things. Here's what I found

1. Leaving pre-existing injuries on, there are 63 players that start the franchise on IR using the week one rosters.
2. After simming the preseason, the number of players on IR or with season ending injuries had only increased to 74
3. I then checked my Franchise which is at the beginning of week 5 and there were 89 players on IR or with season ending injuries
4. I then started another franchise with pre-existing injuries turned off and simulated the preseason. Upon checking injuries post preseason week 4, there were only 12 players on IR or with season ending injuries.

I will ask a final question. What system are you using? I'm on PS3. It would seem that either (1) you accidentally left pre-existing injuries on even though you thought you had turned them off or (2) if you are on X360 there is an injury bug exclusive to that system.

Steelers: IX, X, XIII, XIV, XL, XLIII
Penguins:1990/91, 1991/92, 2008/09, 20015/16, 2016/17
Pirates:1909, 1925, 1960, 1971, 1979
Panthers (FB): 1915, 1916, 1918, 1929, 1931, 1934, 1936, 1937, 1976
Panthers (MBB): 1927/28, 1929/30
Old 09-28-2011, 02:08 AM   #14
Need A Life

bkrich83's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BurghFan
OK I just fired up Madden and checked a few things. Here's what I found

1. Leaving pre-existing injuries on, there are 63 players that start the franchise on IR using the week one rosters.
2. After simming the preseason, the number of players on IR or with season ending injuries had only increased to 74
3. I then checked my Franchise which is at the beginning of week 5 and there were 89 players on IR or with season ending injuries
4. I then started another franchise with pre-existing injuries turned off and simulated the preseason. Upon checking injuries post preseason week 4, there were only 12 players on IR or with season ending injuries.

I will ask a final question. What system are you using? I'm on PS3. It would seem that either (1) you accidentally left pre-existing injuries on even though you thought you had turned them off or (2) if you are on X360 there is an injury bug exclusive to that system.
In my current franchise I am in week 14. There are a total of 54 players on IR.

Xbox360, pre-exist injuries off, inj slider default.
Old 09-28-2011, 07:32 AM   #15
Rookie

Icarus2k9's Arena

OVR: 5

See, conversations like this make me confident that Madden is going in the right direction. It's clear once people have started matching up the real IR numbers with the Madden ones that it's very close, and at least in my franchise it seems the injury rates are perfect for the game - a couple to keep me uncomfortable and needing good depth, but nothing earth-shattering.

Now, the next step for Madden is to get the probable-questionable injuries in. The aim should be to get all those niggles players suffer in multiple games, not just the game they pick the knock up in. If Head Coach can track body health for a career, that proves Madden can do it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2011, 07:56 AM   #16
Rookie

TomBrady's Arena

OVR: 5

If anything, I'm getting way to few injuries. Do the guys who constantly complain about this even follow the NFL?

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »