Home

What is your Franchise style?

This is a discussion on What is your Franchise style? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-29-2011, 03:48 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 12
Re: What is your Franchise style?

My favorite thing to do in Franchise is to use the Fantasy Draft to build a team full of young players that typically are lower rated, but with high potential. I may struggle for a year or two, but my year 3 I typically have an elite team that can become a dynasty for years to come.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:08 PM   #18
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_Montana
I have a system where I do a 32 team fantasy draft, trying to achieve as much balance as possible in relation to a four teared system...2 "Gold" teams for each conference, 1 elite and 1 re-building team....6 "Red" teams which are a mix of teams on the rise and nearly elite teams...4 "Blue" teams which are potential red teams or black....and 4 "Black" teams which are the teams that I leave alone...

Gold teams are fully user controlled, play every game, and in head to head situations the team with the worse record is the user...

Red teams are user controlled, important games are played, same deal with h2h...

Blue teams are controlled on the back end, games are simmed....

Black teams are left to their own devices....
I try to keep trades down once rosters are set and if they do happen than they will be as realistic as possible...

Teams draft for biggest need, then preference...

I even go as far as charting the rosters in open office's spreadsheet dealio, and notebooks full of team notes, stats, ideas etc......

Last year I finished about 6 seasons using this method....

I also play NCAA to get players to import, but don't go as deep in depth....
There are some really cool ideas here.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:11 PM   #19
MVP

mavfan21's Arena

Anyone ever sim an off-season?

I haven't, but have thought about it. I think it might be worth a try to spice things up. Might be fun to let the CPU do FA/draft/resignings for my team once to see what comes about.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:09 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 3

Every year I try to rebuild the hapless Bengals.... I like to think that Mike Brown was assassinated and some how one of the bottom three franchises in all of professional sports can be saved. lol.

I used to do the same with the Raiders... unfortunately they look like they've rejoined the rest of the NFL after hiring a decent coach this year.
Old 09-29-2011, 03:28 PM   #21
MVP

bh446066's Arena

OVR: 26

I'd bet money that none of the hardcore simmers on this site do what I've always done with all my sports titles....but I'll focus on what I do with Madden:

-create a team entirely of my family/friends/close co-workers/mentors/etc. Kinda of a "This is your life" dedication in the form of a sports team. Hell, I even have my pets on the team. Hey...it's my game! I make us about average and adjust sliders for competitive games.

-In Madden, once I get my players on the team I want to use, I basically do a fantasy draft on the other 31 teams and mix all the players around. Just to keep it fresh.

-I play individual seasons, not a true franchise. So, when I finish playing as one team, I quit, go to the roster menu, trade all my players to another team, and start over. Having individual seasons makes getting sliders right a LOT easier, b/c not dealing with player progression.

Anyway, THAT's the way my weird as# does it. And I have a ball doing it, have since the original Playstation days...

House Rules: Just call a "sim-style" game, based on in-game scenarios.

-BH

MLB 21 The Show
College Hoops 2K8
Pro Evolution Soccer 2018
NHL 19
NCAA Football 14/11
NBA 2K16
Madden 20

Last edited by bh446066; 09-29-2011 at 03:31 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-29-2011, 04:19 PM   #22
nWo
Rookie

OVR: 2

I play with one team I'm interested in (right now playing with the Texans) and always play every game of the first season. After the first season, I'll do the offseason stuff and then usually play half of the games in season two, though I always play the postseason games no matter what season I'm in. I'll keep repeating the logic of the second season until I get bored with the team I'm using and then will change to another team in the offseason.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »