Home

After viewing NBA 2K12...What is stopping Madden???

This is a discussion on After viewing NBA 2K12...What is stopping Madden??? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2011, 07:52 PM   #17
MVP

skinnybonez's Arena

OVR: 6
Re: After viewing NBA 2K12...What is stopping Madden???

imagine classic teams, depth of tendencies/signatures that 2k would of have
Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #18
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by 43M
The NFL doesnt MAKE them pay anything.

The NFL makes you pay to use their likeness, so yes they do.
Old 09-30-2011, 07:57 PM   #19
MVP

UMhester04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Madden 12 is just as good as NBA 2k12...

You bite your tongue
Old 09-30-2011, 08:31 PM   #20
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by mvb34
Madden 12 is just as good as NBA 2k12...
LOL. 10 chara
Old 09-30-2011, 08:53 PM   #21
PGH for GTA VI

spacefunk's Arena

OVR: 13

I'd just be happy with a similar classic teams feature. I'm not an NBA fan anymore and I've never liked basketball games but it looks very intriguing.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 09:16 PM   #22
MVP

OVR: 15

I'm not sure why Madden is not as good as the other sports games, however, I think it may have to do with the fact that when Madden was created for the xbox 360...they didn't do a very good job. I'm pretty sure the developers have said that Madden isn't built on a very good foundation (not very good technology). Also, coupled with the fact that they have to keep building on that same foundation makes it very hard to make the game great. That is my guess.

But I am very jealous, I was just reading a thread about "What is missing in NBA 2k12". Most of the replies were little trivial things like "Knicks 93 jerseys!" or very high technologically advanced things like "photo realism" (sort of just throwing something out there...like virtual reality). These two statements lead me to believe that the majority of those gamers are pretty satisfied with the game.

For those people who say "oh it's so hard to make a football game" I never heard those excuses back in the PS2 days when the game was great. Also, 2k5, 2k8, and Head Coach just shows what is possible with a football game if done right.
Old 09-30-2011, 09:30 PM   #23
MVP

simbayless's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by huskerwr38
I'm not sure why Madden is not as good as the other sports games, however, I think it may have to do with the fact that when Madden was created for the xbox 360...they didn't do a very good job. I'm pretty sure the developers have said that Madden isn't built on a very good foundation (not very good technology). Also, coupled with the fact that they have to keep building on that same foundation makes it very hard to make the game great. That is my guess.

But I am very jealous, I was just reading a thread about "What is missing in NBA 2k12". Most of the replies were little trivial things like "Knicks 93 jerseys!" or very high technologically advanced things like "photo realism" (sort of just throwing something out there...like virtual reality). These two statements lead me to believe that the majority of those gamers are pretty satisfied with the game.

For those people who say "oh it's so hard to make a football game" I never heard those excuses back in the PS2 days when the game was great. Also, 2k5, 2k8, and Head Coach just shows what is possible with a football game if done right.

:a ppl:
Old 09-30-2011, 10:06 PM   #24
Banned

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsmallwood
I'm not here to start any wars, but why has Madden 12 or any of the next gen NFL games not even come close to NBA 2K12's presentation/detailed gameplay elements etc. Madden 12 has SO MUCH POTENTIAL, but like all before it, it lacks a ton of polish and the presentation is simply underwhelming. Any thoughts as to what is holding the Madden Series back?
An exclusive license.

EA took the lazy way out and bought the NFL exclusive license so they could artificially eliminate competition.

Although even that's kind of a cop out... I felt Madden was always inferior, even when there was competition. In my opinion, the game is simply flawed from the ground up.

Last edited by Franchise408; 09-30-2011 at 10:12 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »