Home

What should I do on defense?

This is a discussion on What should I do on defense? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10
What should I do on defense?

During the pre-season, I signed Tafatu(or whatever) to my roster because I like to play 3-4. Should I kep my DTs and switch between 4-3 & 3-4 or trade Rodgers/Franklin for a draft pick?

And where can I download Draft Classes? The generated ones suck and I'm too lazy to simulate dynasties in NCAA.

Thanks... Typing on PS3 takes forever.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 04:03 PM   #2
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: What should I do on defense?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
During the pre-season, I signed Tafatu(or whatever) to my roster because I like to play 3-4. Should I kep my DTs and switch between 4-3 & 3-4 or trade Rodgers/Franklin for a draft pick?

And where can I download Draft Classes? The generated ones suck and I'm too lazy to simulate dynasties in NCAA.

Thanks... Typing on PS3 takes forever.
if u gunna play 3-4, there's no use for 2 high-quality NT's....not to mention Sedrick Ellis....so yea tradin one of the two would be the way to go....I would stay with the 4-3 because ur two OLB's Wilson and Shanle aren't pass-rushers and as u kno with 3-4 ends, their job is to stop the run and allow linebackers to make tackles so Will Smith's and Cameron Jordan's talents would be kinda wasted in that regard since they like to get after the QB...u would have to overhaul most of ur front 7 if ur persistent on playing the 3-4 with the Saints
Old 09-30-2011, 04:11 PM   #3
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

I've fine before although Shanle gave up a lot of passes. I played 3-4 in the second season of my old Franchise and Jordan led the NFL with 15 sacks. Smith only had 4 thouh.

Ijust like 3-4 because it gives my linebackers 6 to 8 tacles a game instead of just 4 or 5.

But I had Wilson and Dunbar asILB because Vilma was on IR then had Fouku/Shanle and DJ Williams as OLB
Old 09-30-2011, 04:22 PM   #4
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
I've fine before although Shanle gave up a lot of passes. I played 3-4 in the second season of my old Franchise and Jordan led the NFL with 15 sacks. Smith only had 4 thouh.

Ijust like 3-4 because it gives my linebackers 6 to 8 tacles a game instead of just 4 or 5.

But I had Wilson and Dunbar asILB because Vilma was on IR then had Fouku/Shanle and DJ Williams as OLB
i see ur point....if u can sign a stud opposite of smith, u can always move jordan to OLB and not lose his pass-rushing capabilities....a couple less tackles isn't enough of an argument to change my defensive scheme....but like i said if u wanna go with the 3-4 with your current personnel, then yes it'd be wise to unload one of ur NT's, possibly move Ellis to one end and Jordan to OLB
Old 09-30-2011, 04:25 PM   #5
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

Never thought of moving positions. Thanks.

I might put ellis at LE, Rodgers or Franklin at dt, trade the other, thenreplace Shanle with Jordan.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2011, 04:31 PM   #6
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

Quote:
Never thought of moving positions. Thanks.

I might put ellis at LE, Rodgers or Franklin at dt, trade the other, thenreplace Shanle with Jordan.
yepp...exactly what i had in mind
Old 09-30-2011, 05:28 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Dude, your name says it all. I've posted on how to get your LB's tackles...100+ from at least your Mike and/or Will and Sam. If not all 3 if you run the 4-3 base D.

I see you posting this several times. C'mon, mannnnnnn...
Old 09-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 0

Here is my exact Post in response to your other thread of "How can I get more Tackles??"

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoisePanther
I play 12 Minute Quarters on Normal Speed. I run a Custom Playbook with all 4-3 fronts as my base, and have the 46 in there as well.

I end up with at least 100 tackles minimum playing straight up without having to "cheese" doing any crazy or weird things in order to get Tackles. My MLB and ROLB always have 100+, and my LOLB will end anywhere from 88-100+ as well.

On Offense I run the ball about 55-45, or 60-40. I run more than I pass. I'm a 4-3 Aggressive D and Run the Ball type of guy...Old School, if U will. Haha.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »