Home

qb accuracy and differentiation

This is a discussion on qb accuracy and differentiation within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2011, 12:27 AM   #17
Pro

michapop9's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: qb accuracy and differentiation

Quote:
Originally Posted by DLaren
Turn on 'Coach Mode'.

Problem solved.
Hah! Ill give that a shot, I still stand by my original post however, The qb differentiation even with things that are already in the game could be alot better, it is of course my opinion, but I find it hard to argue with in this particular case.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:30 AM   #18
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

As much as you want Madden to be real, it never will be. It's a game.

If you want realism, go play.

But only thing I could tell you to do is turn Coach Mode on and get good sliders.
Old 10-02-2011, 01:06 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 11

Rating hasn't mattered in Madden for quite awhile now.
Old 10-02-2011, 11:05 AM   #20
Pro

michapop9's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
As much as you want Madden to be real, it never will be. It's a game.

If you want realism, go play.

But only thing I could tell you to do is turn Coach Mode on and get good sliders.
Hey I understand it will never be real, but what I dont understand is why people keep using that as an excuse and as an end all be all. The things Im talking about are as adembrowski (whos now a designer on the madden team)put "predictable math." These things are possible, while I dont expect it to be "real" I do expect a ratings category of 0-100 to yield more results mathmatecially than 2 (which is hit or miss a reciever). From 0-100 you could technically have that ball be thrown to 100 different places on the field on or around the reciever. That seems as simple as allowing the players to run around to 100 different spots on the field when they are controlled by the computer. What we have now is nowhere near that but its dressed up in gorgeous graphics and the "ratings" themselves are supposed to give these digital players a type of uniqueness and they dont actually do anything (or very little) that makes these "ratings" a placebo, or BS. Its kind of simple minded to say itll never be real for any video game, that doesnt allow for progress, and if developers had that mindset, well we may still be at Tecmo superbowl ( which wasnt a bad game back in the day). If your happy with the game great, but dont allow your 60 dollars to settle for mediocreness, which the current passing system pretty much is.
Old 10-02-2011, 12:57 PM   #21
MVP

youALREADYknow's Arena

OVR: 28

I've played Coach Mode and CPU/CPU for years. The AI controlled QB's still don't have the kind of differences that exist in real life. That's not the answer.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 09:44 PM   #22
Pro

michapop9's Arena

YouAlreadyKnow, what would you like to see to further differentiate qb's? Were on the same page that there needs to be more but do you have any further ideas, I would like to keep this thread going.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »