Home

a few suggestions and questions

This is a discussion on a few suggestions and questions within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2011, 11:09 PM   #1
Pro

sabres32's Arena

OVR: 2
a few suggestions and questions

Questions...

1) im in year 2 of my franchise and I was playing the Titans. Before the game Gus was like "here we are for a matchup between the Buffalo Bills and the NEW YORK Titans...did they relocate or just screw that up?

2) WHY do they call some people (mainly rookies) by other names. Marcell Dareus for example is named like Kevin Dantrell or something? thats so lame.

Suggestions...

1) During the preseason they need to have it where fans are calm and a preseason game shouldnt be presented like a regular season game or Monday Night Football if the game is at night. Idk it bothers me because im all about realistic.

2) In franchise they need to bring back ticket prices, parking, concessions. If your team is bad have your stadium not fill up as much, which would hurt your teams income obviously. They should even have it where if your killing a team, or being killed, have fans slowly leave. All they do is have the fans cheering loudness go down.

3) scouting is horrible, there is no strategy besides clicking on a guy. In NHL you sound scouts out for a certain amount of time, do that in Madden and call them home when you want them to be done.

4) i played in a superbowl and the only time i felt like it was the superbowl was before and after the game with the celebration. During the game not once was the word "superbowl" even spoke. I dont even have to type out the things they could add, im sure you all know.

5) storylines- say in week 1 Fred jackson runs all over a team. well in week 2 the announcers should talk about him, or any other storyline for that matter. They just need to add so many other things such as if a player is hurt, talk about the replacement and have them follow that player throughout the game.

Idk this is just a few things, i know it isnt easy but im all about franchise mode and there is so much more i wish they would add.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
MVP

cusefan74's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: a few suggestions and questions

Questions...

1) im in year 2 of my franchise and I was playing the Titans. Before the game Gus was like "here we are for a matchup between the Buffalo Bills and the NEW YORK Titans...did they relocate or just screw that up?
The game is just messed up.

2) WHY do they call some people (mainly rookies) by other names. Marcell Dareus for example is named like Kevin Dantrell or something? thats so lame.
Again the game is messed up.

Suggestions...

1) During the preseason they need to have it where fans are calm and a preseason game shouldnt be presented like a regular season game or Monday Night Football if the game is at night. Idk it bothers me because im all about realistic.
This is a pretty minor thing, there are bigger things to worry about first.

2) In franchise they need to bring back ticket prices, parking, concessions. If your team is bad have your stadium not fill up as much, which would hurt your teams income obviously. They should even have it where if your killing a team, or being killed, have fans slowly leave. All they do is have the fans cheering loudness go down.
Totally agree with this.

3) scouting is horrible, there is no strategy besides clicking on a guy. In NHL you sound scouts out for a certain amount of time, do that in Madden and call them home when you want them to be done.
Scouting is not that bad. It does work if you know what you are doing. Try looking through the forum, there is a nice thread about it.

4) i played in a superbowl and the only time i felt like it was the superbowl was before and after the game with the celebration. During the game not once was the word "superbowl" even spoke. I dont even have to type out the things they could add, im sure you all know.
Again a minor thing them not saying it is the Super Bowl, but I understand what you are saying.

5) storylines- say in week 1 Fred jackson runs all over a team. well in week 2 the announcers should talk about him, or any other storyline for that matter. They just need to add so many other things such as if a player is hurt, talk about the replacement and have them follow that player throughout the game.
Again there is a lot more to be fixed before worring about storylines, but it is a good idea.

Idk this is just a few things, i know it isnt easy but im all about franchise mode and there is so much more i wish they would add.
Old 10-02-2011, 02:53 AM   #3
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by cusefan74
Questions...

The game is just messed up.

Again the game is messed up.

Suggestions...

This is a pretty minor thing, there are bigger things to worry about first.

Totally agree with this.

Scouting is not that bad. It does work if you know what you are doing. Try looking through the forum, there is a nice thread about it.

Again a minor thing them not saying it is the Super Bowl, but I understand what you are saying.

Again there is a lot more to be fixed before worring about storylines, but it is a good idea.

These "small things" would only take them a couple all-nighters to add. Why not?

Only thing Madden needs is a better game play experience. Everything could use improvement. But it's a video game. There will always be glitches and bugs. We just have to deal with it.
Old 10-02-2011, 03:04 AM   #4
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

But the only thing I want are additions to Franchise.

EA Radio(had it in Madden 06 I believe). I'm tired of listening to this crappy music.

Better commentary. The only time they ever talk is after plays and it's usually ALWAYS wrong. They need better commentators also. Maybe different people in different games. Switch it up a bit. It won't hurt them to pay a few more people from NFL Network to spend a weekend or 2 in the recording booth.

Visuals. It just doesn't feel real enough for 2011/12. It needs more realism. Like when plays shoulder pads come out of the jersey, helmets coming off, blood, ect. It feels like I'm playing with Sims 2 characters in football uniforms.

Injuries. Just because Tom Brady breaks his left hand doesn't mean he can't play. Let the user have an option to play him with a lower overall. And the animations after a play when somebody is injured are just horrible.

Practice Team. Let us have the 55 limit game-day roster and like a 35 limit practice/spring team and the ability to transfer players between the 2.

Suspensions, hold outs, ect. Again no realism. Yes, Madden will never be realistic as fans want it to be. But they are FAR from making it as real as it gets.

Enough with the pink. We get it, NFL supports breast cancer. But it is in EVERY game all season.

CPU trades. I wish the CPU would offer you trades instead of just putting trade blocks that you have to check manually which nobody probably ever does.

I can go on and on. I'm just saying Madden can do better. But we know they won't because there is no competition so why would they?
Old 10-02-2011, 04:29 AM   #5
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obnoxious
Practice Team. Let us have the 55 limit game-day roster and like a 35 limit practice/spring team and the ability to transfer players between the 2.
Maybe I'm way wrong here, but I'm pretty sure practice squads are only like a handful of players in real life. Also, gameday rosters are only I think 45 guys. Some of them are inactive on gameday. Madden has never had this that I know of.

I wish they would add gameday rosters and inactive players and practice squads, but they would need to do it right.

I think presentation needs an overhaul, mainly in commentary and in between plays we should have the graphics showing stats and stuff. I would love for the storylines to make it into the game. I think that wont happen for years though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2011, 05:22 AM   #6
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85
Maybe I'm way wrong here, but I'm pretty sure practice squads are only like a handful of players in real life. Also, gameday rosters are only I think 45 guys. Some of them are inactive on gameday. Madden has never had this that I know of.

I wish they would add gameday rosters and inactive players and practice squads, but they would need to do it right.

I think presentation needs an overhaul, mainly in commentary and in between plays we should have the graphics showing stats and stuff. I would love for the storylines to make it into the game. I think that wont happen for years though.
Another idea. Gamebreaks to other games and live scoring. Maddens simulation is lame.
Old 10-02-2011, 05:28 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostlight85

Yes, THEY NEED THE DAMN STATS to show properly and accurately when "showing" the player after the play.

They also need TO SHOW THE WHOLE DAMN Defense and Offense by:

OLine
Backs and Receivers

DLine
Linebackers
Secondary

Just like on every damn NFL game!! Just being lazy and showing "key players" is so damn corny!!

The presentation aspect, that was supposed to be "Godly" this year is truly weak.

Am I the only guy that skips over those "great" player intros immediately?? I think not...it's about presentating the game as a whole...mostly when you're actually taking part in PLAYING!!
Old 10-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #8
Rookie

ghostlight85's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoisePanther
Yes, THEY NEED THE DAMN STATS to show properly and accurately when "showing" the player after the play.

They also need TO SHOW THE WHOLE DAMN Defense and Offense by:

OLine
Backs and Receivers

DLine
Linebackers
Secondary

Just like on every damn NFL game!! Just being lazy and showing "key players" is so damn corny!!

The presentation aspect, that was supposed to be "Godly" this year is truly weak.

Am I the only guy that skips over those "great" player intros immediately?? I think not...it's about presentating the game as a whole...mostly when you're actually taking part in PLAYING!!
ANNNNDDD NOWWW, YOUR DEFENSIVE STARTERS!!!!!!!!!

That is all you get.

Oh yeah, and I think just about everyone is primed to be a performer to watch in this one. At least that's what Gus Johnson tells me 4 or 5 times for different players in every game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »