Home

Any Undrafted FA's worth keeping?

This is a discussion on Any Undrafted FA's worth keeping? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-05-2011, 01:34 AM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 1
Any Undrafted FA's worth keeping?

Has anyone found any worth keeping??

I've just been mindlessly deleting all of them because of the "we're taking over" bug. But the thought crossed my mind that keeping a couple of them would actually be more realistic, if any of them actually develop into anything good, that is.

no run way, 2step, Lets Fly
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-05-2011, 01:48 AM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Any Undrafted FA's worth keeping?

Kept a FB one year my starter was on the way out, turned out to be a B potential in the 70s so not to bad.
Most of the time they are utter rubbish but you can tell after a Preseason game or two by looking at some of the unlocked stats. E.g MLB with speed in the 50s is never going to be good.
Old 10-06-2011, 05:01 AM   #3
Pro

OVR: 12

So far out of 3 Franchises (only in season 1 in any given 'chise) I have only seen 2 UDFA worth keeping.

One was a WR, his Speed/Agility/Accel weren't great (mid-to-upper 80's), but he had a good CIT rating (85 as a rookie) and was a decently big WR (6'3" 220 lbs). He was a 69 OVR with a B potential.

The other one was a SS, he was terrible in Man Coverage and couldn't tackle for crap, but he had good Zone Coverage (79) and Pursuit (83). I think he was 65-68 OVR with C potential.
Old 10-06-2011, 07:01 AM   #4
MVP

Obnoxious's Arena

OVR: 10

Only one I ever kept was a RG. 67 OVR with B Pot.

Only because I didn't have a back up for Jahri. If it wasn't for that, he would of been released.
Old 10-06-2011, 11:56 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I'm guessing, but I'd say at least 80% aren't worth keeping, but I've had the occasional FA who had a low OVR but had great ratings for his position. IIRC I had a DE who was 80+ in all the relevant stuff (BSH PMV, FMV, tackle) but was like a high 60s OVR.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2011, 11:58 AM   #6
MVP

NFCastle's Arena

OVR: 17

I've only kept one.

6'8 277 pound tight end

73 speed upper 80s strength

Low catch rating...like upper 60s

half decent blocking attributes

59 overall C potential

he's my backup tight end, useful in goalline situations.
Old 10-06-2011, 01:06 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 0

Most of the UDFA's are terrible but every once in a while you'll find a keeper. For example, the last preseason I went through I found 2 CB's with B potential. Just finished that season and one of them progressed from a 65 ovr to a 73, the other one went from 63 to 67. Also in this last free agency class I saw a 6'6 275lb LOLB who was rated 77 ovr and just 22 years old. Looked a little further into him and found out he was an UDFA. I'm stacked at LB so I didn't sign him and find out what his potential was, but he did progress from a 72 to a 77 that offseason. So there are a few hidden gems out there to be uncovered.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »