Home

A complete listing of Madden controls

This is a discussion on A complete listing of Madden controls within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2011, 04:36 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 8
Re: A complete listing of Madden controls

Quote:
Originally Posted by spit_bubble
Ah, okay. I think I'm going to refrain from adding that second part, as I think the ability to delay the snap by holding the button is probably enough, and apparently the patch will tone down the blocked kicks as well.
Don't underestimate the value of timing to prevent a kick from being blocked. Sometimes even if the defense gets an outstanding jump, he's still too early and sails right by. I'll be cutting up some footage of kicks in the next few days... I'll let you know when it's ready.

I had a battle today with a player that was aware of how to block and prevent blocks. We played cat & mouse the entire game with several offside penalties and 0 blocks.

Knowledge is power.

Later
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2011, 12:45 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 3

New one!

You can hold down square (on PS3) to just go down. Useful for a game-sealing pick, when you don't want to be tackled! Tap to dive, and hold to just drop.
Old 10-09-2011, 01:49 PM   #27
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by edborstein
Classic games by Konami, like Contra, etc...

And I'm in my teens! haha!
yup that the 100 man life code.. ok back to Madden..

On Kickoff Returns you can audible to an onside kick recover formation by pressing square then L1...

does anyone know how to fake Spike and throw from a no huddle. it use to be circle in older maddens but that no longer works
Old 10-09-2011, 06:22 PM   #28
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by TNT713
Don't underestimate the value of timing to prevent a kick from being blocked. Sometimes even if the defense gets an outstanding jump, he's still too early and sails right by. I'll be cutting up some footage of kicks in the next few days... I'll let you know when it's ready.

I had a battle today with a player that was aware of how to block and prevent blocks. We played cat & mouse the entire game with several offside penalties and 0 blocks.

Knowledge is power.

Later
I mean, you're kind of branching out into strategy here. That's not what this thread is for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa2003
On Kickoff Returns you can audible to an onside kick recover formation by pressing square then L1...
Is that something that shows up in the audible menu, where it will actually show L1 as onside kick recover audible option, or is it hidden?
Old 10-09-2011, 06:42 PM   #29
Franchise Streamer

Millennium's Arena

OVR: 46
When you are pushing up on the R-Stick as a ball carrier, you can lean the stick left or right to protect the ball from hits.

My Twitter
My Twitch Channel!
Old 10-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #30
Rookie

Quote:
Is that something that shows up in the audible menu, where it will actually show L1 as onside kick recover audible option, or is it hidden?
I never saw this in the manual or menu. someone on the EA forum told me about it and it works. its cool when your opponent comes out in a onside kick formation unexpectedly and you don't want to burn a time out to bring your players up to the line to recover/return it.
Old 10-10-2011, 02:11 PM   #31
MVP

spit_bubble's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa2003
...does anyone know how to fake Spike and throw from a no huddle. it use to be circle in older maddens but that no longer works
I'm pretty sure they took that one out. On one of the loading screens it shows the hurry up controls, and it only has two options: hurry up and spike the ball.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2011, 02:38 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
I'm pretty sure they took that one out. On one of the loading screens it shows the hurry up controls, and it only has two options: hurry up and spike the ball.
that'sa good point but one day I was playing defense and the CPU on offense did a no huddle and the defensive coordinator tip caption told me to watch for the fake spike. The QB didn't do a fake spike tho but U can't help but think sonce the tip told me to look out for it it would be in madden

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »