Home

Progression and Potential??

This is a discussion on Progression and Potential?? within the Madden NFL Old Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2011, 08:49 AM   #1
Banned

OVR: 3
Progression and Potential??

I know most people here think progression in franchise mode needs work but how about an overhaul? My QB leads the league in rating and makes the pro bowl and is 25 years old, goes DOWN 4 points. Unreal.

And i really wish they would let us change a guy's potential. I drafted a 78 CB who I was hoping to be my long term starter but he was only given C potential which means he will go up maybe a total of 5 points his entire career and never have a shot at being a top flight CB.

Both of these systems are majorly flawed and game breakers for me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 09:31 AM   #2
Rookie

Re: Progression and Potential??

Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams
I know most people here think progression in franchise mode needs work but how about an overhaul? My QB leads the league in rating and makes the pro bowl and is 25 years old, goes DOWN 4 points. Unreal.

And i really wish they would let us change a guy's potential. I drafted a 78 CB who I was hoping to be my long term starter but he was only given C potential which means he will go up maybe a total of 5 points his entire career and never have a shot at being a top flight CB.

Both of these systems are majorly flawed and game breakers for me.
I'd strongly disagree that the system is majorly flawed... Your CB is a bust. It happens.

Sounds like your QB might be too. It appears he's in the perfect system allowing him to put up stats, but he just isn't capable of getting any better.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:48 AM   #3
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pointNumberOne
I'd strongly disagree that the system is majorly flawed... Your CB is a bust. It happens.

Sounds like your QB might be too. It appears he's in the perfect system allowing him to put up stats, but he just isn't capable of getting any better.

You're right "it happens," thing is it happens way too much. And the system playing in argument is a joke. If the same guy puts up great numbers in real life you don't think the roster update would increase his ratings?

And on potential I think it is flawed if only 1st round picks have A potential. Anyone outside the top 35 on this game has C potential.

That gives the gamer zero chance to draft a Tom Brady in the 6th round and have him be one of the NFL's best a decade down the road.
Old 10-07-2011, 11:54 AM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 2

[quote=fhm_williams;2042954166]
And on potential I think it is flawed if only 1st round picks have A potential. Anyone outside the top 35 on this game has C potential.

[quote]

are you using NCAA draft classes...because with the madden generated draft classes you can get STUD A potential guys in every single round even round 6 and 7.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:43 PM   #5
Banned

[quote=silv504;2042954200][quote=fhm_williams;2042954166]

Quote:

are you using NCAA draft classes...because with the madden generated draft classes you can get STUD A potential guys in every single round even round 6 and 7.

Yea im using NCAA draft classes
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2011, 12:47 PM   #6
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

[quote=fhm_williams;2042954484][quote=silv504;2042954200]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fhm_williams

Yea im using NCAA draft classes

That would be the issue then. I didn't bother using a NCAA class outside of the 2012 class because I wanted the real player like Luck etc, because the Madden generated classes cause fewer bugs with drafting and are more true to life (but obviously it's your game). However you won't get a class of player with varied potentials throughout the draft without editing them if you use the NCAA classes.

And you can edit player potential, especially since most low potential player don't have roles to bug out anyway (and they are fixing that in the upcoming patch). Think your QB should be the next Arian Foster type player? Edit him and make him an A. Sometimes busts happen as well.

Last edited by Pandetta; 10-07-2011 at 12:53 PM.
Old 10-07-2011, 12:51 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

There needs to be some tweaking to say the least to progression. In my franchise Sanchez threw for 42 TD's and only 7 interceptions but he does not progress at all.

Another is D'Brick gives up two sacks all year and goes down 2 overall points.

Now both have A potential both are young and 1 goes down and 1 doesnt change after a good year. Makes no sense.

Old 10-07-2011, 01:02 PM   #8
Pro

OVR: 10

Enough... We got a very long tedious, both sides of the argument thread. Its our 2nd one in a few weeks.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-new-post.html

I'm on my phone, so there is no way to hyperlink this... Don't say the link doesn't work, copy and paste it into your the address bar. It will take you to the last page, so if you want the whole thing, go to the first page.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football > Madden NFL Old Gen »